The Job is closed. Check the latest active jobs here
Company: NewSpace Research and Technologies
About the job
Who we are:
We are a start-up based out of Bengaluru & Delhi NCR. We are engaged in development of next generation missions and technologies (NGM&T) towards future warfare needs of the Indian defence forces. It is undertaking research towards enhancing persistence and autonomy for unmanned vehicles and robotic swarms. NRT’s product development portfolio includes a solar power stratospheric high altitude pseudo satellite (HAPS) unmanned platform and an air/ground launched stand-off autonomous system.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Robotics hardware engineer/ Mechatronics engineer with 1 – 3 years of experience in autonomous robots / UAV hardware design.
- Working and hands-on experience with CAD design softwares like Autodesk, Fusion 360 etc.
- Should be able to gather minimum viable product(MVP) requirements and list down hardware specifications of the product.
- Should have good understanding of electronics assembly needed for UAV development (Motor interfacing, IMU interfacing, power supply management, RF transceiver, cameras)
- Ability to bring product from simulation to real world execution with identification of risks/ limitations.
- Responsibility for documentation and verification of hardware stability in the long run.
Skills & Expertise
- Good working experience in hardware system design of Autonomous Robots.
- Should be able to design UAV frames and detachable sub components.
- Understanding of FMU (flight management unit) as well as FCU (flight control unit) working and electronics integration.
- Understanding of battery management system(BMS) design would be a huge plus.
- Understanding of UAV control systems preferably Pixhawk Ardupilot/PX4 would be a huge plus.
- Should be able to assemble, test and tune complete multi-rotor UAV from scratch.
- Prior knowledge of hardware assembly for 3D cameras, lidar or radar would be a huge plus.
- Strong coordination and management skills, ability to motivate others.