We are looking for a SWQA Test Developer Engineer to join our Automotive DRIVE OS SQA team. We have crafted this team of outstanding people stretching around the globe, whose mission is to push the frontiers of what is possible today and define the platform for future autonomous vehicles. In this position, you will be verifying different customer use cases with DRIVE® OS software which is the reference operating system and associated software stack crafted specifically for developing and deploying autonomous vehicle applications on DRIVE AGX-based hardware.
This role will require frequent interactions with multi-functional leads and release managers. Join us at the forefront of this ground-breaking Autonomous Vehicle Reference Solution.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Develop high-quality test plans and implement them to validate customer requirements.
- Participate in reviews of requirements & specifications. Independently design, develop, and optimize test strategies, test plans, and test cases based on various parameters viz. features, change-list, design docs etc.
- Collaborate with global teams including management, hardware, and software developers, to understand different SW components and to test each aspect of the design with high-quality test cases.
- Run manual and automated tests. Report defects, participate in debugging, and validate fixes.
- Improve your coding skills by writing sophisticated test scripts for automating test cases using Python.
- Chip into improving processes to enable QA to scale and improve quality.
What We Need To See
- BE/B.Tech or equivalent experience with 3+ years of Embedded / Automotive domain experience.
- Ability to write sophisticated Scripts in Python for automation.
- Expertise in Android, Linux, QNX Internals working and configuration knowledge – Kernel, Boot loader, Root File system Hierarchy, Storage File system, Toolchains, Build systems, Networking, Windowing Systems, Commands, and Utilities.
- Expertise in Hardware IPs: ARM CPU, Audio/Video decoders/encoders, GPGPU, Security engines, ISP, DDR Memory, Ethernet, SPI, I2C, CAN, PCIe, NAND, NOR, CSI, I2S, HDMI, LVDS, eDP, UART
- Excellent analytical and solving skills.
- Prior experience in crafting test plans for features from scratch, through scientific methods.
- Should be passionate about quality and should demonstrate high standards in the delivery areas. The fundamental job will be to drive quality improvements.
- Strong interpersonal skills (written and verbal) working with teams across multiple time zones. Should be an excellent teammate.
Ways To Stand Out From The Crowd
- Hands-on experience having worked in SPICE and ISO26262 deployment across SQA teams.
- Prior QNX testing experience.
- C / C++ coding experience. Understand the large C / C++ project code and derive functional/unit tests.