We are now looking for System Boot Software Engineer! NVIDIA is looking for creative and highly motivated engineers with system software expertise to join the Tegra system-on-chip (SOC) Software organization. You will architect and design key aspects of our Tegra SoC Bootloader, with focus on enabling Tegra SoCs in automotive, data centre and edge servers. Tegra processors have the power and scalability of HPC required across robotics, automotive and servers etc. This team works to enable that scalability and power to ground-breaking new applications, while addressing unique challenges that require novel engineering solutions. Join us to build a world class Tegra System software Bootloader team.
What you’ll be doing
- Enable Tegra SoC by designing, developing and optimizing CPU and System core functionalities, drivers (IO Peripheral, Storage, Charging, HW engines, etc) and prepare the device by providing system formatting and flashing support.
- Opportunity to collaborate with various engineering groups including software, hardware and architecture teams, to define system requirements, configurations and boot security. And, achieve the best performance, secure and safe bootloader software on current and next generation NVIDIA TEGRA platforms.
What we need to see
- B.Tech/M.Tech or equivalent experience in Electronics/Computer Engineering with 3+ years of SW development experience.
- Dynamic self-starter ready to work with an excellent team to deliver winning solutions ahead of time. We would like to see your programming and debugging skills and in-depth understanding of processor ISA. Your knowledge of Assemblers and binary formats such as ELF, DWARF and understanding of ABI is would be very useful.
- Prior experience in developing device drivers, such as Ethernet, PCIe, UFS, SATA, SD/MMC, QSPI, NVME, USB, I2C, SPI, UART, Crypto, etc.
- Outstanding C programming and low-level driver experience; background and strength with complex system-level debugging.
- Prior knowledge in compiler development in area of instruction scheduling and/or tool development experience in Profiler, Debugger or Linker will be an added advantage.
- Strong in OS fundamentals and Linux kernel internals,
- Experienced with ARMv8 based processor architecture, and experience in board bring-up.
Ways to stand out from the crowd
- Experience in bootloader development, and bare metal programming.
- Experience in design and architecture of the system or module software
- Familiarity with developing Functional Safe software for automotive applications.