The Job is closed. Check the latest active jobs here.
What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
The AMD Server Platform Design Team is seeking an experienced engineer for PCB-based logic design centered on current and future PC architectures; specifically, hardware for debug, validation and testing of AMD microprocessors and chipsets. You will also be responsible for debug, productization, and support of our designs. Additionally, you will be a key contributor for supporting customer system designs. The Server Design Team fosters and encourages technical innovation as well as facilitates continuous career development.
- Design of the Multiphase VRM regulator design for mother boards.
- Design of the component sizing for the high current regulators
- Design of the closed loop PWM and analog controllers for power design
- Create high level test methodology and comprehensive test plan for the platform regulators. (DC-DC switching regulator) validation
- Defects and root cause failure analysis on the platform regulators and power delivery path.
- Perform hardware test on CPU, Memory, PCIe, FPGA .
- Hands on hardware diagnostics by utilizing analyzers, scopes and other lab tools
- Validating the switching regulators in the microprocessor platform
Ideal Candidate Will Have
- A technology-related Bachelor’s degree plus 4+ years or equivalent combination of training and experience
- Experience in hardware validation and design skill. e in the area of system-level design
- Knowledge of the switching regulators and server platform architecture.
- Extensive experience with engineering lab equipment, oscilloscopes, signal generators, DC power supplies, etc.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills for both internal and customer-facing interaction