This position is for the L1 TAC (Technical Assistance Centre) of Juniper’s SRX Firewall customers.
- Ability to work in a highly dynamic TAC (Technical Assistance Center) environment with High focus on Customer satisfaction. Able to determine problems quickly and deliver a Remarkable Customer Experience.
- Be a customer advocate for timely resolution of the problems reported, understand the environment/network and impact on business.
- Take ownership for problem resolution, problem reproduction and escalation.
- Be a Team player, flexible to work on Weekends/Holidays as per the Business requirement.
- Be a fast learner and keep pace with newer technologies
- In-depth knowledge of Virtual Private Networks (VPNs) wrt. Design, Implementation Scenario’s, Connectivity troubleshooting and other Algorithms such as DES, 3DES, MD5, SHA, PKI etc.
- Candidate should have very strong fundamental “core” networking skills, with thorough knowledge of TCP/IP Protocol suite, OSI layered architecture and should be able to relate that knowledge in troubleshooting related issues.
- Proven knowledge and practical application of Security, Firewalls, access and perimeter control, vulnerability management and intrusion detection. Should have a strong knowledge on various attacks like SYN flood, Replay attacks etc and the mitigation techniques.
- Proven experience with data networks including physical layer infrastructure, servers, LAN/WAN hardware, software, data transmission facilities and interconnecting devices.
- Ability to understand and troubleshoot various network problems using utilities like lookup, traceroute, ping, net stat and packet sniffers like wire shark, tcp dump etc.
- In-depth knowledge, not limited to understanding but troubleshooting of, IP routing protocols (OSPF, BGP, RIP),IPSEC VPN, and xDSL Technologies, , MULTICAST .
- In-depth knowledge of L2 technology and protocols like VLANs, VLAN Tagging (IEEE 802.1q), LACP, VLAN trunking, STP (IEEE 802.1D and other 802.1 implementations.).
- Requires B.E. in Electronics Engineering or Computer Science with 1- 3 years of experience supporting/Designing/implementing IP networks.
- Candidates who have extensively worked on Troubleshooting, implementation and support of large IP networks.
- Good working knowledge of Application layer protocols and functions such as FTP, DNS, SNMP, HTTP/HTTPS, LDAP, Radius, User Authentication Mechanisms, SMTP etc.
- Demonstrated ability to provide third tier and technical support for Security related products like Commercial Firewall’s, IPS/IDS, Unified Threat Management Systems (UTMs) like URL Filtering, AV, Anti-Spam.
- Understanding, Integration and troubleshooting of Various OS’es like Windows, Unix and MAC and their specific application technologies like NIS, NFS, Sun-RPC, MS-RPC etc. in a security enabled environment.
JNCIA-JUNOS, JNCIS-Security, JNCIA-FWV, JNCIS-FWV, CCNA, CCNP other certifications are added plus.