Are you passionate about inspiring change, improving software quality, and ensuring customers have the best experience? NVIDIA is seeking a creative, and hands-on software engineer with a test to failure approach who is a quick learner, can understand software and hardware specifications, build reliable tests and tools to improve quality and accelerate delivery of NVIDIA products.
What You’ll Be Doing
- As a Software Automation & Tools Development Engineer, you will take part in technical design and implementation of tests for NVIDIA software products with the goal to identify defects early in the software development lifecycle. You will also build tools that accelerate execution workflows for the organization. In this role you can expect to:
- Develop automated tests for NVIDIA’s device driver software on Windows. Execute automated tests, identify, and report defects. Measure code coverage, analyze and drive code coverage improvements.
- Develop applications and tools that bring data driven insights to development and test workflows
- Write maintainable, reliable, and well detailed code. Provide peer code reviews including feedback on performance, scalability, and correctness
- Debug issues to identify the root cause and participate in post-mortem analysis along with peers and senior team members
- Build innovative ways to automate and expand our software testing
- Optimally estimate and prioritize tasks to create a realistic delivery schedule
- Work closely with leadership to report progress by generating effective and impactful reports
- Work on challenging technical and process issues which helps define better and reliable workflows
What We Need To See
- A degree in Computer Science/IT/Electronics engineering
- 2 years of programming experience in C#, .Net & Python and applying Object-Oriented Programming concepts.
- Experience working with databases and storage technologies like SQL and Elasticsearch
- Should have worked with version control tools like Git/Perforce and code review tools
- Skillful at debugging issues and have experience using debugging tools like WinDBG/gdb
- The ability to collaborate with multiple development teams to gain knowledge and improve test code coverage
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to work with a team of engineers in a fast-paced environment
- Ways To Stand Out From The Crowd
- Background with working on projects that use Machine Learning/Deep Learning
- Experience with cloud services/Virtualization