If you have a smartphone, digital camera, digital TV, gaming console or a smart meter at home, you’ve already used an Arm-powered product. Over 900 Arm-powered chips are produced every second and over 200 billion Arm technology-based chips have been shipped to date, making us the world’s leading semiconductor IP supplier.
We are looking for highly skilled and passionate engineers to join our system-level verification team in Bangalore.
In addition to CPUs, we build high performance system components like interconnects, interrupt controllers, and memory management units. Our partners combine Arm CPUs with these system components, to build sub-system solutions across pioneering market segments like mobiles, servers, AI, automotive, IoT, etc.
Our team is responsible for verifying CPUs and system components put together as sub-systems at pre-silicon stage – using industry-standard Emulator and FPGA platforms from major EDA vendors.
As part of our team, you will push Arm CPUs to their functional limits – targeting the CPU’s internal architecture and how it interacts with the rest of the system. If you have worked on verifying either CPUs or other IP in a system, you are the right match!
The role involves developing and running soak tests based on Arm architecture and the CPU design, and debugging sophisticated hardware and software failures in the CPU or the system around it on Emulator or FPGA platform.
Along the way, you will work with cross-site CPU and System IP design teams, discuss requirements, build test plans, develop tests targeting corner-cases, and collaborate to achieve verification goals.
Are you a creative, positive, and adaptable person with a strong technical background? This is the role for you!
Qualifications and Experience
A good university degree in electronics, computers, or equivalent – with 1 to 3 years of proven experience in verification of CPU, SoC, or other system IP components
- Understanding of CPU or SoC architecture and its verification
- Deep understanding of digital design and Verilog coding
- Good in logical programming using C/C++/Assembly
- Exposure to random verification methodologies
- Proficiency in problem solving and debugging
- Proven track record of contributing to project execution and delivery, individually or in a team
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- ‘Good-to-have’ Skills
- Hands-on experience on hardware acceleration platforms like Emulation and FPGA
- Awareness of CPU architecture features (such as caches, MMU, coherency, pipelines)
- General understanding of Arm-based systems and protocols like AHB, AXI, ACE, or CHI
- Use of scripting languages like Perl/Python/Shell
- Knowledge of advanced verification techniques like assertions, property checking, etc.