At Microchip, we work every day to innovate and develop products that solve our customers’ technology challenges. Our team of more than 20,000 people worldwide is dedicated to delivering on the promise of working together to improve lives.
Our people serve the industrial, computing, automotive, communications, aerospace and defense, and consumer market segments. As part of our global team, you can build technology solutions in our six growth areas – 5G, data centers, autonomous driving, the Internet of Things, electric vehicles, artificial intelligence, and machine learning.
This position is an excellent opportunity for someone willing to work on the latest technologies and play a critical role in providing a roadmap for IP and IP solutions. The individual will work on verifying the Soft IP DUT at the module/ sub-system level.
Seeking a highly motivated and passionate individual to work with an expert team of technical lead engineers & architects responsible for verification of the IP at the sub-system level.
- Verification experience on one or more features in the high-speed serial interfaces/ protocols, experience on AMBA protocols, DSP, Video IP cores
- Developing a test bench, optimized for the specific feature/DUT
- Individual contributor in the Verification Tasks – Architect test benches, coding of test cases, debugging, verification coverage improvement, etc.
- The candidate should be able to analyze the coverage metrics and improve them with the definition of additional test cases
- The candidate will work in a project and team-oriented environment and must be able to collaborate with other teams
- Willing to take ownership of the complete verification cycle
- Establishing schedules and managing multiple project deadlines
- Ability to deliver complex and large projects that span outside of the immediate job area
- Perform with limited oversight
- Strong debugging and analytical skills and independent problem-solving ability
- BSEE/ MSEE under Electronics or Electronics/ Telecommunications Engineering department
- 3+ years of relevant digital IP/SoC verification experience
- Experience in building verification environments, writing test benches, test cases, coverage points, etc.
- Experience in developing SV/UVM-based test benches
- Experience of System Verilog
- Working experience with scripting tools used for verification (Tcl, Perl, etc).
- Understand Standard Specifications/ the functional specifications/ feature enhancements for the product and create micro-architecture and detailed design for some of the components of the Test Environment for the IP cores in protocol areas such as AMBA (AMBA2, AXI)/ SD/eMMC/DDR/PCIe/Ethernet/ MIPI/ DSPs – FFT, FIR, and Avionics – 1553
- Knowledge of MATLAB and C language programming skills is an added advantage