Qualcomm’s Connectivity group is looking for WLAN Host Software developers to work on the next generation Wireless Routers, Access Points and Gateways that are driving the connected home/enterprise revolution.
Software engineers in the WLAN Host Software team work on designing and developing WLAN Host Drivers for Qualcomm WLAN chipsets. As part of this team, you will be working on cutting edge WiFi technologies, developing new WLAN features, solving challenging Wi-Fi design & performance challenges and working with some of the leading WiFi ODMs & OEMs across the globe.
This may also involve working with Hardware and Firmware engineers to put the complete wireless LAN end to end solution together.
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science/Electronics/Electrical Engineering
- 3-5 years of experience in WLAN driver or Linux driver or WLAN protocol development
- Hands on experience working in the Linux kernel & Linux kernel device drivers.
- Strong C programming skills
Preferred Qualifications (Sr Engineer)
- Masters in Computer Science or Electronics/Electrical Engineering
- Good WLAN 802.11a/b/g/n/ac/ax knowledge would be a strong plus.
- Hands on experience in Wireless LAN driver development is preferred
- Strong Linux internals and drivers skills would be preferred.
- Knowledge of common interfaces, such as USB, MII, PCI/e would be a plus.
- Hands on experience in solving complex system issues with good problem solving skills would be a plus.
- Good knowledge of basic network protocols such as TCP/UDP/IPv4/IPv6/ARP/DHCP will be plus
Bachelors – Computer Science, Bachelors – Engineering, Bachelors – Information Systems
- 2+ years of Software Engineering or related work experience
- 2+ years experience with Programming Language such as C, C++, Java, Python, etc.
1+ years of work experience in a role requiring interaction with senior leadership (e.g., Director level and above). ,4+ years Software Engineering or related work experience. ,2+ years experience with Database Management Software. ,2+ years experience with API. ,2+ years experience working in a large matrixed organization.
Mathematical Methods, Object-Oriented Programming (OOP), Scientific Analysis, Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC), Software Solutions