- World’s first smart phone based diagnostic system for the detection and management of chronic diseases
- CE marked Aina Blood Monitoring System is a high quality and versatile multi-parameter diagnostic platform manufactured under the highest quality standards and in ISO 13485:2012 certified environment.
- This point-of-care handheld device enables testing anytime, anywhere benefitting the population in the remotest part of India.
Siemens Healthineers India has signed an exclusive agreement with start-up medical technology company Jana Care for its Aina Blood Monitoring System in India. Aina Blood Monitoring System—the world’s first smart phone based diagnostic system—will enable the detection and management of chronic diseases.
Aina offers a broad range of tests such as: HbA1c, Glucose, Haemoglobin and a lipid profile on a single platform covering immunoassay, enzymatic or chemical affinity. Jana Care’s strong focus on research and development will enable expansion of the menu in the near future.
Aina is available in two configurations: a smart phone based device and tablet based portable lab system. Aina, when connected to a smart phone, can enable the smartphone to act like a diagnostic testing device enabling results at the point of care.
The Aina Blood Monitoring System performs a full panel of metabolic tests offering near real-time, lab-quality results within minutes. This is supplemented with Habits, a behavior coaching app that enables personalized disease management to result in improved outcomes. The Aina Blood Monitoring System is:
- Safe and reliable – manufactured under the highest quality standards in a ISO 13485:2012 certified environment
- Clinically proven – clinically validated at numerous reputed clinical sites across the world
- Proactive and personalized – integrated with a patient-facing disease management platform
“This handheld solution gives an opportunity to healthcare professionals to instantly check multiple parameters including HbA1C, glucose, lipids, and others, and provide a treatment pathway. This handheld point of care diagnostics device enables testing anytime, anywhere and provides access to patients in the remote parts of India who currently have to travel to multiple locations for their testing needs. Aina can redefine patient experience by providing access to large populations that previously did not have easy access to care,” said Anuj Dhingra, Vice President, Global Marketing, Point Of Care Diagnostics, Siemens Healthineers.
“At Siemens Healthineers, we strive to enable healthcare providers to achieve better outcomes at lower costs by empowering them on their journey toward improving patient experience and digitalizing healthcare. Our state-of-the-art products and solutions enable healthcare providers to offer an unmatched patient experience,” said Vivek Kanade, Executive Director, Siemens Healthineers, India.