The Field service Engineer is responsible for providing field support to Cepheid customers on all Cepheid products. In addition, ensure customer satisfaction through effective Training, troubleshooting, repair, and maintenance of GeneXpert products and drive the service revenue for the assigned territory.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Provide field service support for our GeneXpert Product line
- Travel throughout the region and sometimes to other SAARC Countries on short notice to support the company’s products and field service partners.
- Manage installations and customer training in close coordination with Application team.
- Provide support on instrumentation & manage the spare inventory
- Perform routine standard procedures to isolate and fix problems in malfunctioning equipment or software
- Work closely with the Technical support team to address customer complaints to determine corrective action and customer follow-up
- Document and report the company’s product “design reliability” and “maintenance issues” and/or problems to technical support.
- Able work on-call on designated weekends to provide service support within a short period.
- Achieve and exceed Customer Satisfaction objectives
Training Responsibilities (Required)
- Complete all assigned and required training satisfactorily and on time and keep the records data for any future audit(s) as per SOP.
- Complete all compliance and internal training within the stipulated timeline.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electronics or an Engineering related discipline required.
- 1-2 years’ experience in field service required.
- Experience with Medical Diagnostics products is essential.
- Prior experience of providing hardware and software improvement feedback, lifecycle maintenance, sales support, and technical services preferred.
- Capable of handling advanced complaints, troubleshooting, and knowledge of GMP & ISO requirements is essential.
- Requires excellent systematic troubleshooting skills utilizing a structured and comprehensive process to determine the root cause and implement corrective action.
- Troubleshooting skills with automation robotics preferred.
- Capable of explaining technical procedures in writing or verbally is essential.
- Possess the ability to work with customers and vendors at both a business & technical level.
- Time management skill with the ability to multi-task and prioritize events and maintain composure under high levels of demand is necessary.
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision is essential.
- Proficient in reporting activities, maintaining local spare parts inventory recording, and travel expenses is necessary.
- Ability to speak English and Local Language.
- Good geographic knowledge of the territory
- Able to travel approximately 75% of the time.
- Preferable to own and drive a four-wheeler.
- Physical Demands: Must be able to lift 20Kg of instrument.
- Ability to maneuvers /push equipment (weighing over 500 Kg) on wheels