Diodes Incorporated (Diodes) has released DMTH4M70SPGWQ, the first product in the PowerDI 8080-5 lineup, a series of 40V automotive compliant MOSFET with a low RDS(ON). The product helps in achieving high system efficiency in applications such as high-power BLDC motor drives, DC-DC converters and charging systems, while ensuring low power dissipation to achieve high efficiency.
The DMTH4M70SPGWQ is a 40V MOSFET that features a low RDS(ON) of 0.54mΩ at a gate drive of 10V, while its gate charge is 117nC. It is available in a 64mm2 package which occupies 40% less space than the TO263 (D2PAK) package format. Furthermore, it has a 63% lower off-board profile than the TO263, measuring just 1.7mm. The MOSFET is suitable for high current applications. The copper clip bonding between the die and the terminals facilitates a low junction-to-case thermal resistance of 0.36°C/W. This enables the PowerDI®8080-5 to handle currents up to 460A and deliver a power density that is eight times greater than a TO263 package.
The company claims that this MOSFET is designed to meet the stringent requirements of automotive applications. It is qualified for AEC-Q101, supported by a PPAP.
Feature of DMTH4M70SPGWQ
• Rated to +175°C – Ideal for High Ambient Temperature Environments
• 100% Unclamped Inductive Switching (UIS) Test in Production— Ensures More Reliable and Robust End Application
• High Conversion Efficiency
• Low RDS(ON)—Minimizes Power Losses
• Wettable Flank for Improved Optical Inspection
• Fast Switching Speed
• Low Input Capacitance
• Lead-Free Finish; RoHS Compliant
• Halogen and Antimony Free. “Green” Device