ITC Infotech, recently announced the third edition of its annual co-creation and technology innovation platform titled ‘iTech 2017’. The event is slated to take place at the ITC Infotech campus in Bangalore on 22 and 23 July 2017.
iTech 2017 will run two parallel tracks, a startup ‘Showcase’ segment and a ‘Codeathon’. For Showcase, ITC Infotech will invite startups to demonstrate solutions leveraging Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Cognitive Computing, Automation, Deep Learning, Natural Language Processing and Bots, to address specific business challenges.
These real-world industry challenges are crowd-sourced from across ITC Infotech’s global client base, as well as from ITC (the parent organisation of ITC Infotech).
Some of the use cases include:
- Voice-controlled AI devices/technologies (such as Amazon Echo, Google Home, Siri or Cortana) to improve inpatient hospital experience by providing an intelligent virtual assistant to hospital patients.
- Identify patterns in Loyalty customers and drive proactive engagement for Retail, Consumer Goods, Travel and Hospitality.
- Enable personalized marketing (across industries, including Banking, Insurance, Retail, Consumer Goods, Healthcare, Insurance, Travel and Hospitality).
- Predictive Maintenance in factories.
- Yield prediction for Agriculture.
- Identification of pest (insects, diseases, weeds etc.) through image analysis, and recommended system for remedies.
- Golden Batch Analysis in Process Manufacturing
- Control limits for various process parameters
- Predictive & prescriptive composition of raw material
- AI based Trade promotion/campaign management
The codeathon segment will see 40 teams, shortlisted from the entries received, face-off in a race against time to create code components for complex business applications. Participants can present their ideas across challenge areas provided by ITC Infotech. The event is free and open to all students, professionals, developers and early stage technology startups.
Sushma Rajagopalan, MD & CEO, ITC Infotech, said, “iTech is where young technology disruptors and innovators from across India come together to celebrate all things ‘new’ in technology. Technocrats and business leaders from across our global client base will be joining us for these two days to understand how they can unlock the untapped opportunity within their organisations through the latest digital technologies.”
A new addition to iTech 2017 for technology startups is the ITC Infotech Grant of ₹5 Lakhs for a paid POC, and an opportunity to partner with the company in creating a thriving ecosystem to foster technology innovations.