Who We Are Looking For
We are currently building our in-house Engineering staff and are looking for a talented Signal Integrity Engineer to join our team. If you are looking for a way to accelerate your career and be part of a great company, this may be the opportunity for you.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to perform characterization of high-speed connectors/cables and systems, using high-speed digital and electromagnetic measurements for automotive in-vehicle networks.
Concept Design and Development:
- Complete PCB Electromagnetic simulations
- Provide Signal Integrity test board layout support for high speed applications
- Provide recommended connector pin-out configuration for optimized signal integrity performance
Design Verification & Product Validation:
- Provide testing BOM
- Lead procurement activities of all components required to complete testing
- Complete design validation plan & report (DVP&R) documentation.
- Oversee signal integrity testing of shielded and unshielded automotive interconnects systems.
- Update product technical documentation (such as Engineering, Application and Product Specs).
- Approve Test lab best practices for internal and external signal integrity lab usage.
- Prepare presentation material for internal and customer design reviews.
Support product engineers with internal & customers
Performs other work-related duties as required by management.
Required Knowledge & Skills
- Experience in EM and CAD/CAE tools, such as Channel Designer, HFSS, CST, FDTD tools, MoM tools, Sigrity PowerSI, PAKSI-E, Power-grid, Agilent ADS and Mentor Hyperlynx
- Working knowledge of Altium or any PCB design tool
- Understanding of high-speed data applications
- Working Knowledge of multi-port network analyzers, BER testers, Eye pattern analyzers, digital sampling scopes and TDRs.
- Ability to apply signal integrity concepts to laboratory data for analysis and troubleshooting.
- Experience in correlating simulation results with lab measurements using oscilloscopes, TDRs and VNAs is essential.
- Strong knowledge of high-speed material properties and behavior during data transmission.
- In depth understanding of electromagnetics and transmission line theory
- Proficient in using simulation to drive optimizations of a connector design.
- Familiarity with PCB technologies (HDI, Substrate, etc.) and their DFM rules
- Demonstrated ability to work with cross-functional teams in providing design feedback which provides optimal signal integrity performance without sacrificing mechanical integrity and/or manufacturability.
- Demonstrated ability in information analysis problem solving, sound judgment, and leadership.
- Good verbal and written skills for exchange of information in a clear and concise manner. Demonstrated ability to work effectively within a team environment.
- Good analytical ability to resolve signal integrity issues and apply logical reasoning, test assumptions, observe results and make corrections.
Required Education & Work Experience
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Electrical/Electronics/Communication/RF/Microwave Engineering, with emphasis on Signal integrity or Electromagnetics
- At least 3 years of experience in related working experience.