- Maintains PCB robustness for high current applications
- Scales up or down the output current based on the system need
Analog Devices Inc. (ADI) has introduced the LT8650S, LT8652S and LT8653S dual-channel 4A/8.5A/2A synchronous step-down Silent Switcher converters for automotive, communications and solid state drive power supplies. The Silent Switcher 2 architecture along with spread spectrum frequency modulation ensures PCB layout robustness for achieving ultra-low EMI performance.
The LT8650S, LT8652S and LT8653S are also differentiated with their stackable-compatibility outputs for higher current applications. Outputs can be paralleled to scale up or down the output current based on the system need while optimizing thermal performance. This also helps to minimize inventory and qualification time with a single device. For example, the LT8652S provides 8.5A DC from each channel simultaneously or up to 12A on either channel. Synchronizing two LT8652S chips can achieve a 4-phase, 34A supply.
- Silent Switcher 2 Technology with Integrated Bypass Capacitors that meet CISPR25 Emissions
- Ultralow Quiescent Current Burst Mode for Light Load operation
- Up to 12A (LT8652S) on one channel
- Adjustable and Synchronisable Frequency (300kHz to 3MHz)
The LT8650S, LT8652S and LT8653S are available now in 4mm x 6mm, 4mm x 7mm and 4mm x 3mm LQFN packages respectively.