The SoC equips personal computing devices with powerful performance and advanced 5G connectivity, multimedia and gaming technologies
Building on its 6nm process technology, MediaTek has now launched the Kompanio 1300T, an SoC designed to provide incredible computing experiences with the help of advanced 5G, multimedia, AI and gaming technologies. Kompanio 1300T allows OEMs to develop powerful, lightweight and portable tablets for online education, business, streaming services, gaming and AI applications.
The Kompanio 1300T chip is built on TSMC’s 6nm process technology and integrates an octa-core CPU with high-performance Arm Cortex-A78 cores and power-efficient Arm Cortex-A55 cores. Additionally, its high-performance nine-core Arm Mali-G77 MC9 GPU provides premium computing performance and supports high frame rates for longer, smoother gaming. Whether you’re using a Kompanio-powered device for business needs, streaming entertainment or video conferencing, it can deliver faster, more reliable Wi-Fi connectivity for ultra-efficient performance and all-day battery life. The Kompanio 1300T incorporates MediaTek’s APU (AI processing unit) to provide powerful, energy-efficient AI computing power for the latest voice and visual applications.
The Kompanio 1300T integrates MediaTek’s cutting-edge 5G technologies with support for 5G sub-6GHz bands, 5G-2CA as well as Dual 5G SIM, along with 5G Elevator Mode & 5G HSR Mode enhancements, allowing users to enjoy high-speed connectivity for a variety of applications. Combined with MediaTek’s 5G UltraSave power-saving enhancements, the platform can automatically adjust power consumption and other configurations based on a device’s network and data transmission quality to extend battery life.
Concerning multimedia, the Kompanio 1300T supports multiple-scene HDR10+, AI-PQ (picture quality) technologies and a proprietary chip-level eye protection engine to filter blue light, in addition to support for dual-monitors with two full HD displays, giving rich visual experiences. The chip also supports staggered 4K HDR video recording technology and integrates the latest imaging, encoding, decoding and playback features.
Other features include:
- Enhanced Colour Display: The chip supports 2.5K displays with a refresh rate of up to 120 Hz in addition to integrating intelligent dynamic frame rate technologies and supporting HDR10+ video playback. Equipped with MediaTek’s MiraVision technology and eye protection engine, the Kompanio 1300T can intelligently alter picture attributes such as hue saturation, brightness, sharpness, resolution and frame rate for improved visual quality.
- Professional Imaging: The latest chip enables multi-camera designs with 108MP cameras, 4K 60fps video encoding and decoding, chip-level staggered 4K HDR video recording, Multi-Depth Smart Focus and AI-Clear Streaming for superior photography, video recording and live streaming.
- Intelligent Voice Recognition: The Kompanio 1300T enables AI-powered voice assistants and integrates an ultra-low power voice on wakeup (VoW) function. With several built-in audio frameworks, it provides excellent audio decoding and multi-channel audio output, creating immersive audio-visual experiences.
- Boosted Gaming Experience: The new platform features the proprietary HyperEngine 3.0 and gaming optimisations for networks, controls, performance, power efficiency and image quality, giving gamers a split-second edge in-game to outperform the competition.
- High-speed Connections: Providing support for full bands for 5G Sub-6GHz and 2CC Carrier Aggregation (2CC CA), Wi-Fi 6 and Bluetooth 5.2, the Kompanio 1300T chip enables high-speed network connection in all scenarios, whether users connect through cellular or wireless broadband networks.
“There is a growing demand right now for personal computing devices designed for both remote work and multimedia entertainment,” said PC Tseng, General Manager of Intelligent Multimedia Business Unit at MediaTek. “Our Kompanio chips allow brands to design lightweight tablets and personal computing products with robust performance and prolonged battery life so they can bring innovative features and new mobile computing experiences to users.”
MediaTek’s Kompanio chips are widely adopted by many device manufacturers, powering several best-selling personal computing devices. Tablet computers powered by the Kompanio 1300T platform are expected to be announced in the third quarter of 2021.