- TRACO Power’s inexpensive and certified 40 Watt and 60 Watt DC-DC converters provide all-in-one solution for applications requiring multiple input ranges
- They are highly-efficient and have wide operating temperature range among others
TRACO Power has introduced new 40 Watt TEP 40UIR and 60 Watt TEP 60UIR families of robust, high-performance DC-DC converters designed for the railway, transportation and industrial applications.
The TEP 40UIR (40 watts) and TEP 60UIR (60 watts) families each consist 10 models offering a choice of two ultra-wide input ranges of 9Vin to75Vin or 14Vin to 160Vin and single outputs of 5 / 12 / 15 / 24 / 48Vout, trimmable -20/+10 per cent.
The ultra-wide 12:1 input range allows these converters to be an all-in-one solution for applications requiring operation over multiple input ranges. An internal circuit extends hold-up time, eliminating the need for expensive high voltage capacitors at the input.
A single 25V capacitor covers the entire input range, effectively reducing cost, size and inrush current. Standard features include:
- high efficiency up to 91 per cent
- operating temperature range of -40 degrees Celsius up to +85 degrees Celsius
- I/O-isolation voltage of 3,000 VAC
- adjustable under-voltage lockout function
- remote on/off; and adjustable outputs.
All models are approved to IEC/EN/UL 62368-1 and certified for railway applications according to EN 50155, EN 61373, EN 45545-2.
These products are in the standard quarter brick 5.8cm x 3.68cm x 1.27cm (2.3 x 1.45 x 0.5″) metal package and available through distributors around the globe with manufacturing.