STMicroelectronics has introduced the TSV782 high-performance dual op amp to optimize power and signal-conditioning performance.
STMicroelectronics has added the TSV782 high-performance dual op amp to its 5V family. The device offers 30MHz gain bandwidth (GBW) and 50µV (typical) input offset voltage for high-speed, high-accuracy signal conditioning.
Able to function with a supply as low as 2.0V, the TSV782 can operate from a deeply discharged battery and so extend the runtime of equipment such as smoke alarms. In addition, the operating current of just 3.3mA/channel helps designers maximize the application energy budget to power richer functions and capabilities such as innovative smart features and wireless connectivity. Operating down to 2.0V also lets the op amp use the same power rail as low-voltage logic devices to simplify system design and lower the bill of materials.
With rail-to-rail input and output and maximum slew rate of 20V/µs, the TSV782 joins similar rail-to-rail devices in ST’s high-performance family. These include the TSV772, which has GBW of 20MHz and maximum slew rate 13V/µs, and the 50MHz TSV792 that operates at 5.5mA per channel. Further op amps in the portfolio include the TSV7722 and related products. These have a low-rail input stage optimized for low-side current measurements in power conversion systems.
The high accuracy of ST’s 5V op-amp family lets designers create circuits that require no trimming or calibration during production, saving expensive external components such as precision resistors and potentiometers. The device has maximum input bias current of 300pA up to 125°C, enabling accurate signal conditioning with high-impedance sensors or in transimpedance configuration.
- Gain bandwidth product 30 MHz, unity gain stable
- Slew rate 20 V/µs
- Low input offset voltage 50 µV typ., 200 µV max.
- Low input bias current: 2 pA typ.
- Low input voltage noise density 7 nV/√Hz @ 10 kHz
- Wide supply voltage range: 2.0 V to 5.5 V
- Rail-to-rail input and output
- Extended temperature range: -40 °C to +125 °C
- Automotive grade version available
- Accuracy of measurement virtually unaffected by noise or input bias current
- Signal conditioning for high frequencies