Designed to replace traditional low-density and high-density films, the product is suitable for industrial uses
EcoCortec has announced the launch of its Eco Works ESD that is environmentally safe and can be customised to a user’s specific needs. Designed with the environment in mind, Eco Works ESD contains renewable raw materials ranging from 5 – 45 per cent, depending on the formulation as well as anti-static properties, which reduce or eliminate static buildup.
Designed to replace traditional low-density and high-density films, Eco Works ESD is suitable for industrial uses. All Eco Works ESD formulations are certified compostable per ASTM D6400 and EN 13432 and by Biodegradable Products Institute with BPI/USCC logo.
The exact time needed for Eco Works ESD products to biodegrade is dependent upon the conditions and activity of the disposal environment (temperature, soil quality and microorganism activity). When placed in a typical commercial composting environment, Eco Works ESD films will fully biodegrade into carbon dioxide and water within a matter of weeks. There is no eco-toxicity to the soil, plants or microorganisms involved in this process. Since microorganisms are the means for biodegradation, Eco Works ESD is shelf and curb stable and will retain its integrity until disposed of properly.
- Comparable to high-density poly ethylene (HDPE)
- Leaves no residue in finished compost
- Superior strength, shelf-life and curb-life
- Biodegrades at the same rate as common organic material when disposed of properly
- Conversion to CO2 and H2O in weeks under commercial composting
- Contains permanent anti-static agent
- Does not affect optical properties
- Does not affect plastics used in the electronics industry
- Conforms to ASTM D 6400 and EN 13432
- Certified compostable by Biodegradable Products Institute with BPI/USCC logo
- No ill effects on solderability of PCB, meeting the requirements of IPC-J-STD-003C, Am1 ( Edge Dip Solderability Tests)