Astrocast has introduced Astronode S, a compact surface mount satellite communication (SATCOM) module for highly integrated IoT systems.
The Astronode S from Astrocast is a low-power module that enables bi-directional satellite communication on a single battery for a period of up to 10 years. The Astrocast nanosatellite LEO network is designed to enable low latency global transmission of messages with additional unicast and multicast downlink capability. This module has an end-to-end network latency of 15 min (location dependent). It has a low-cost patch antenna for fully integrated designs with a recommended ground plane size of 65 x 65mm.
The Astronode S requires a DC supply of 3.3 V, has a peak power consumption of 0.35 W (in Tx mode), and consumes less than 500 nA of current in deep sleep mode. It has a UART serial interface and 2-level 256-bit AES encryption with unique device keys. This module is available in a surface-mount package that measures 35 x 31 mm for trouble-free integration and soldering onto a PCB. It is ideal for use in maritime (container tracking, fishing buoys), agriculture (fuel management, precision farming), and environment (weather data, flow monitoring) applications.
- BIDIRECTIONAL : The Astronode S sends your messages, gets them acknowledged and receives your commands anytime, anywhere.
- LOW-ENERGY : The Astronode S protocol is optimized for low energy operation, with the lowest peak power available.
- Power supply: +3.3 VDC
- Peak power consumption (RF Tx): <0.35 W
- Deep sleep current: <500 nA
- Serial interface: 3.3 V UART
- Antenna connection via solder pin
- Encryption: Two-level 256-bit AES with unique device key
- Dimensions: 35 mm x 31 mm x 4.1 mm
- Footprint: Castellated pads
- Certified: CE & FCC