- Renesas Electronics’ automotive sensor solution provides enhanced performance, design flexibility and cost efficiency as well as digital calibration
- Optimal for electric vehicles, hybrid electric vehicles and battery electric vehicles
Renesas Electronics Corporation has released the ZSSC4132, an automotive pressure sensor solution. The single-package sensor signal conditioner (SSC) delivers best-in-class performance, increased design flexibility and cost efficiency in a compact form factor for HVAC applications used in plug-in hybrid electric vehicle (PHEV), Battery Electric Vehicle (BEV) and Fuel-cell Electric Vehicle (FCEV) climate control systems.
The ZSSC4132 can be configured for nearly all resistive bridge sensors. This flexibility, combined with leading performance levels, an integrated LIN PHY, small package footprint and AEC-Q100 Grade 0 qualifications, makes the SSC ideal for small automotive sensor modules with limited space, budget and end-of-line (EOL) calibration requirements.
The device combines best-in-class analogue front end (AFE) technology for enhanced sensor signal conditioning as well as digital calibration to significantly reduce the noise sensitivity and deliver high accuracy for pressure and temperature readings. The SSC’s integration reduces the overall bill of material (BOM) requirements by minimising the need for external components. Additionally, the ZSSC4132’s unique digital calibration feature allows customers to minimise calibration efforts, further reducing overall system costs.
- LIN v2.2a certification with backwards compatibility to LIN v1.3, v2.0, and v2.1
- Differential bridge sensor input that enables accuracy at ±0.5 per cent full-scale output for temperatures ranging from -40 degrees Celsius to 150 degrees Celsius
- 12-bit to 14-bit ADC resolution
- Slave node position detection feature at the LIN bus, allowing the SSC to assign a unique ID to the device
- Overvoltage and reverse-polarity protection circuitry
- Electromagnetic compatibility
“HVAC plays a significant role in EV battery range and OEMs are looking for ways to improve system efficiency while maintaining high performance and staying within tight cost constraints,” said Christian Wolf, Vice President, Automotive Sensor Business Division at Renesas. “With the ZSSC4132, customers can access a complete SSC solution that is already LIN certified, allowing them to easily and cost-effectively scale their HVAC system development for mid-range up to high-end EVs and HEVs.”
The ZSSC4132 is available now in a 4mm x 4mm, 24-lead QFN package An evaluation kit for the ZSSC4132 is also available now.