RECOM Powers has introduced single output AC/DC RAC15-K/480 converters offering full performance for harsh industrial conditions of Over-Voltage Category III (OVC).
Building on the success of our 5W board-mount RAC05-K/480 AC/DC, RECOM has introduced 15W and 25W versions with the same ultra-wide input range of 85-528VAC, for line-to-line and line-to-neutral connections in global single- and three-phase AC supplies.
These devices offer an output range of 5V, 12V, 15V and 24V with full protection against short circuits, over current and over voltage. The parts are rated for Category III Over-Voltage (OVC III) and Pollution Degree 3 (PD3) environments up to 5000m, making them suitable for harsh applications such as housekeeping supplies in roadside EV chargers or factory automation equipment. Efficiency is high, peaking at 87%, supporting full load operation in a wide operating temperature range of -40°C to +70°C (60°C for the RAC25-K/480), and up to 90°C at reduced power.
The parts comply with emissions standard EN 55032 Class B with floating outputs, without external components, along with EN 55035 for EMI immunity. No-load power is less than 0.3W to comply with eco-design requirements. The RAC15-K/480 measures just 2” x 1.6” x 1” and the RAC25-K/480 measures 3.2” x 1.8” x 1.2”, both in a silicone-free encapsulated package with industry standard footprints.
- High power density
- OVC III and PD3 up to 5000m altitude
- Excellent EMI performance
- 85VAC to 528VAC input voltage range
- -40°C to 90°C operating temperature range
- LPS limited power source
- Silicone-free potting compounds
- 4kV isolation primary to secondary
- EN55032 class “B” and floating outputs
- <0.3W No load power consumption
- EV-charger housekeeping power
- Industrial monitoring and automation
- Measurement and communication terminals
- Tiny streetlight control units
- Industrial automation equipment
- IoT or industrial 4.0
- Smart energy
- Street light control