Beneficial in high ambient temperature applications such as LED lighting, engine control units or fuel injection systems
Targeting automotive, communications infrastructure and server markets, element14, an Avnet Company and global distributor of electronic components, products and solutions, is now offering SiGe rectifiers from Nexperia, enabling engineers with cutting edge efficiency, thermal stability and space savings when designing new products. The SiGe rectifiers are available with 120 V, 150 V and 200 V reverse voltages that combine the high efficiency of Schottky Diodes with the thermal stability of fast recovery diodes.
The 1, 2 or 3 A SiGe rectifiers are beneficial in high ambient temperature applications such as LED lighting, engine control units or fuel injection systems. The new, extremely low leakage devices rely on an extended safe-operating area with no thermal runaway up to 175⁰C. At the same time, they can optimise their design for higher efficiency, something fast recovery diodes cannot do so when being operated in high-temperature designs. By boosting a low forward voltage (Vf) and low Qrr, the SiGe rectifiers have an advantage of 10 to 20 per cent lower conduction losses.
- Excellent efficiency
- Reduced reverse current (IR) compared to Schottky Diodes and lower forward voltage (VF) compared to fast recovery rectifiers for low power losses
- Fast and smooth switching, thermal stability up to 175 °C Tj
- Extremely low leakage current of < 1nA, low forward voltage and low Qrr
2. Extended safe operating area
- Safe operation at high temperatures
- Stable operation at maximum reverse voltage
3. Advanced clip bonded FlatPower (CFP) package
- Housed in industry-standard rugged CFP3 and CFP5 packages, the SiGe rectifier family offers reduced package resistance for better electrical performance
- A solid copper clip for high thermal performance and power dissipation
- Easy pin-to-pin replacement with Schottky Diodes and fast recovery rectifiers
- Reduced package inductance for improved switching behaviour and less parasitic capacitance in the circuit
“Designers are under constant pressure to deliver more performance from less space with new applications requiring the highest system efficiency and greatest system miniaturisation. It is essential that we provide our customers with market-leading solutions that offer the best efficiency, ease of thermal design and a small form factor to support critical applications in the automotive, server and communications markets,” said Lee Turner, Global Head of Semiconductors and Single Board Computing, at element14.
Nexperia’s SiGe rectifiers are now available from Farnell in EMEA, element14 in APAC and Newark in North America.