- The devices by pSemi Corporation support a wide frequency range, making them ideal for 5G test and measurement
- Besides good attenuation accuracy, they also deliver high linearity and faster switching time
pSemi Corporation, a provider of RF, analogue and mixed-signal solutions has expanded its digital step attenuator (DSA) portfolio with two new high-performance DSAs, PE43610 and PE43614.
The PE43610 and PE43614 DSAs support the entire 9 kHz–13 GHz and 9 kHz–45 GHz frequency ranges, respectively. Ideal for 5G test and measurement applications, these DSAs demonstrates high-performance capabilities at mmWave frequencies, maintain monotonic response across the entire frequency range and feature high linearity and fast switching time.
The DSAs offer:
- Up to 31.5 dB attenuation range in 0.5 dB and 1 dB steps
- 0.5 dB and 1 dB monotonicity throughout their frequency ranges.
- Glitch-safe attenuation state transitions i.e. no increased power spike during a state transition
- Extended temperature range of −40 degrees Celsius to +105 degrees Celsius
- HBM ESD rating of 1 kV
- Easy-to-use digital control interface that supports both parallel and serial addressable programming
- Support for 1.8V control signals and have an optional VSS_EXT bypass mode
- Excellent attenuation accuracy, high linearity and fast switching time.
- Flexible attenuation steps and parallel and serial programming interfaces with serial addressability.
- Usability for test-and-measurement equipment, point-to-point communication systems and very small aperture terminals (VSAT).
“The PE43610 and PE43614 satisfy strong customer interest for packaged high-performance, high-frequency digital step attenuators,” says Sumit Tomar, CEO of pSemi. “With pSemi’s reputation as a high-quality DSA supplier among our customers, we are well-positioned to serve the test and measurement and other markets as an increasing number of applications and devices are implementing 5G and mmWave broadband technologies.”
The PE43610 and PE43614 are offered in a 24-lead 4 x 4 mm LGA package. Volume-production parts, samples and evaluation kits can now be obtained from the company’s online store.