- TDK Corporation’s latest offering is suitable for external usage where high temperature and high acoustic overload points present system design challenges
- The device includes an impedance converter and a differential output amplifier
TDK Corporation has introduced the InvenSense ICS-40638 MEMS analogue microphone, ideal for wearable and IoT applications, particularly in outdoor, industrial or harsh environments.
The ICS-40638 includes a MEMS microphone element, an impedance converter and a differential output amplifier. Other high‐performance specifications include
- ±1 dB sensitivity tolerance
- Immune to both radiated and conducted RF interference
- Extended frequency response from 35 Hz to 20 kHz
- Ultra-high Acoustic Overload Point (AOP) of 138 dB Sound Pressure Level (SPL)
- Low power operation of 170 µA
- High Signal to Noise Ratio (SNR) of 63 dB (suitable for noise cancellation)
- High dynamic range
- Operation up to 105 degrees Celsius
“The ICS-40638 with its ultra-high AOP and high-temperature operation enables our partners to design acoustic listening systems that stand up to the loudest and noisiest environmental surroundings,” said Kieran Harney, Managing Director, Audio Products, InvenSense, a TDK group company.
The InvenSense ICS-40638 is now available in a small 3.5 mm x 2.65 mm x 0.98 mm bottom port surface‐mount package from authorised distributors. The ICS-40638 evaluation board (EVB) is also available now.