- SCHURTER’s single-phase filter series has high performance thanks to double stage filter design
- Provides attenuation across a wide range of frequencies
SCHURTER has launched its range of ultracompact filters with high-performing attenuation, the FMBB EP series. The new double-stage filter family is more powerful than typical filters, meeting the space constraints and performance requirements of modern state-of-the-art electronic devices. With this, the company completes its portfolio of single-phase EMC filters.
The FMBB EP series’ design aspect includes components such as film capacitors and chokes with highly permeable cores, together with a steel housing. The filter family provides exceptional common-mode attenuation at low frequency, as well as common-mode and differential mode attenuation over a wide frequency range, thus resulting in excellent broadband attenuation. The FMBB EP is suited for use in applications involving electromagnetic interferences, such as any equipment with extremely fast semiconductor processing speeds at high switching frequencies that are exposed to noise generating devices. These operations, for example, include datacom, medical, test and measurement and industrial.
- Rated current range: 1 A to 36 A at an ambient temperature of 40 degrees Celsius up to 250 V.
- Operating temperature range: -40 degrees Celsius to 100 degrees Celsius.
- Variations in leakage currents are available for different applications: the standard version with 0.9 mA to 3.8 mA, for medical technology less than 5 µA or less than 80 µA.
- Easy installation to a chassis using the screw flange on both ends. Wires can be quick-connected or threaded to 6.3 mm x 0.8 mm terminals.
- The series is ENEC and cURus approved.