Upverter Education launches International Student Design Competition 2021 sponsored by Altium, Arduino and IPC Education Foundation.
About the Contest
Upverter Education, a division of Altium, the IPC Education Foundation, and Arduino are partnering to create the first student design competition to engage, educate, and enhance students’ proficiencies in PCB design, with a focus on solving some of the world’s most pressing environmental challenges.
Teams from high schools and colleges will be using Altium’s Upverter Modular PCB design software and the Arduino Portenta H7 to create a prototype design that will improve the environment.
Teams must address challenges that impact their communities. Designs and solutions will be submitted online. Prizes and awards featured at Altium and IPC’s international conferences, to be held in San Diego, California, in January 2022.
August 16, 2021: Open registration begins
October 1, 2021: Registration deadline
November 19, 2021: Team design submission deadline
December 10, 2021: 10 high school and 10 college finalists to be announced
December 15, 2021: High School Zoom Call – Team Presentation
December 16, 2021: College Zoom Call – Team Presentation
December 17, 2021: Competition winner announcements
1st Prize: 1500$
2nd Prize: 750$
3rd Prize: 500$
All winners will receive the following benefits:
- A free Arduino Portenta H7 and Upverter design manufactured for free (an estimated value of $2500!).
- Designs and finished products displayed at the IPC Design Booth at the IPC APEX EXPO.
- In-person and/or virtual access to the IPC APEX EXPO in San Diego, California, from January 25-27, 2022.
- Award and check presentation at the STEM event at the IPC APEX EXPO.
- Free virtual access to AltiumLive 2022 CONNECT.
For registrations visit Upverter Education.