Fog is a major drawback in safety of operations in various applications (such as in mines, airports, seaports etc.) The two major options which are used to combat visibility problems during fog are (a) increasing intensity of light output, and (b) lower (warmer) colour temperatures (CCT) of light output (which tend to improve light penetration through the fog). Both methods have inherent disadvantages; higher wattage consumption on a permanent basis is wasteful of energy, while warm CCT reduces the visibility under normal (clear or non-fog) conditions.
The BINAY I-FOGSENSE INTELLIGENT ANTIFOG PowerLED Flood Light incorporates an intelligent fog detection unit to dynamically increase the light intensity (by up to 2X) OR change the colour temperature (or both), when the presence of fog is sensed by its accompanying IntelliFog Detector.
As an example, on sensing the presence of fog our 200W Ultra High Efficacy I-FOGSENSE model outputting 30,000 lumens will automatically increase output to 60,000 lumens at 400W power consumption.
These PowerLED lights use highly reliable Ultra High Efficacy LEDs (with system efficacies of 165 to 180 lm/Watt and more.) Energy savings can be as much as 40% (over standard LEDs) and even more than 70% over conventional light-ing, when LEDs are coupled with energy saving controls. They offer the following advantages:
• Automatic detection of fog and dynamic real-time adjustment of brightness OR CCT change (or both) to improve visibility in foggy conditions
• Automatic Dawn and Sunset detection with Realtime Daylight lux sensing and dy-namic automatic light activation depending on lux level on the ground
• The BINAY I-FOGSENSE PowerLED lights operate on BINAY PLCDC DRIVER-LESS Low Voltage Nanogrid Technology. This emphasizes extreme safety of personnel and operation from shock due to electrocution, as operation is on intrinsically safe SELV voltage ratings of ±48VDC (as certified by the IEC), hus exceeding pre-scribed DGMS safety guidelines of 110V. Furthermore, the lights are isolated from high voltage circuits.
• Designed life of 10-15 years.
• The LEDs used are rated to 100,000 hours life, with LED Efficacy of up to 230 lm/W
• 40% Power Savings over conventional LED Lights – up to 80% greater light output over conventional LED lights at the same wattage.
• The PLCDC Nanogrid Technology also greatly reduces the risk of fire (as the lower rating of 48V PLCDC has a much lower sparking potential).
• As compared to conventional 400W LED high mast lights which generate 40,000 lumens of light, BINAY Ultra High Efficacy I-FOGSENSE Pow-erLED Lights will give the same light output (40kLm) at an energy-saving power consumption of 242W.
• All BINAY I-FOGSENSE PowerLED flood lights are easily dimmable WITHOUT the use of expensive and complicated dimming drivers, and can hence be very simply dimmed when required (thus enabling even greater power conservation).
• ALDC (Anti Light Degradation Compensation): All LEDs degrade in light output with time. The ALDC feature in BINAY PLCDC Lighting Technol-ogy can be incorporated, which allows the light to have the same light output even after 5-10 years of operation. This results in huge capital cost savings to the user, as it is then not necessary to change the lights because of normal light degradation (which is a costly affair).
• ULS (Uninterrupted Light Supply): Another feature of our system is option of simple battery backup – the system can be easily connected with a lithium or lead acid power bank at very little cost, and thus provide uinterrupted light output from the LED Lights for short periods of up to 30 minutes or more (when the diesel generator malfunctions or fails, or needs to be refueled). This provides increased safety during night operation.