Littelfuse, Inc. announced the new SMTOAK2 TVS Diode Series. Many of today’s high-power, high surge rating TVS diodes are only available in axial leaded packages. The compact, 2 kA 8/20 μs rated, surface-mount package SMTOAK2 TVS Diode Series allows electronics designers to achieve a more robust transient voltage, overvoltage protection, and lightning protection system while using less printed circuit board (PCB) space.
SMTOAK2 Surface-Mount TVS Diodes
The SMTOAK2 TVS Diode Series is ideal for high power density applications that require robust protection in a small footprint, including:
- ICT, Medical, Industrial DC power supplies
- High power DC bus protection
- DC power supplies used in exposed and harsh environments
- Power over Ethernet (PoE) ports
- Small Cell, Micro Cell, Remote Radio Units (RRU), Baseband Units (BBU)
- High power density SiC and GAN-based DC/DC converters/power supplies
“Global trends and regulatory requirements for higher efficiency power supplies, high current and high-speed MOSFET/IGBT designs are increasingly in demand,” said Ben Huang, Senior Product Marketing Manager, at Littelfuse. “ These fast-switching designs need protection against inductive kickback. By using the high-power SMTOAK2 TVS Diode Series, designers can achieve high reliability and robustness while reducing the required board space and assembly time.”
The SMTOAK2 TVS Diode Series offers these key benefits:
- Protects high-cost, high current, high-speed MOSFET/IGBT circuits against inductive kicks with low clamping voltage and high surge rating.
- Enables designers to achieve robust circuit protection with less PCB space via a modified, compact SMTO-263 surface mount package 50% smaller than SMTO-218 surface-mounted solutions.
- Compatible with automated PCB assembly processes reducing costs while saving time.