Littelfuse, Inc. announced the new 5.0SMDJxxS-HRA TVS Diode Series. The high-reliability TVS diodes are designed, manufactured, and screened to provide robust overvoltage protection, with low early failures and zero degradation over continuous surge events.
Littelfuse’s new 5.0SMDJxxS-HRA TVS Diode Series
Today’s aircraft use more and new composite materials, thus requiring higher-level lightning protection for all electrical and electronic equipment. The 5.0SMDJxxS-HRA is a highly reliable TVS diode series developed for aircraft subsystems. They protect sensitive electronic equipment from voltage transients induced by lightning and other transient voltage events. Littelfuse manufactures these high-reliability TVS diodes using a stringent process for up-screening electronic components that ensures enhanced robustness. They are available in a 5000W surface-mount DO-214AB package with a high-power density of up to 5 kW.
The 5.0SMDJxxS-HRA TVS Diode Series is ideal for applications that require high reliability under harsh environments, including:
- Aerospace, avionics, and aircraft subsystems (e.g., cockpit displays, fight control, radar, etc.),
- Aircraft power trains,
- AC or DC power line protection,
- Low-frequency data lines,
- Industrial automation, and
- Harsh environment applications.
“The 5.0SMDJxxS-HRA TVS Diode Series enhanced power rating (up to 5 KW) while in the same compact surface-mount package (as prior solutions) provide increased electronics protection performance and greater design flexibility,” said Charlie Cai, a Senior Product Marketing Manager at Littelfuse. “These up-screened TVS diodes help aerospace electronics designers meet demanding high-grade regulatory requirements without needing to increase the size of their printed circuit boards.”
The 5.0SMDJxxS-HRA TVS Diode Series offers these key benefits:
- Delivers a higher power rating than other high-reliability TVS diode series, resulting in a 66% increase in surge handling capability.
- Utilizes high-reliability design and up-screening process for avionics and other demanding applications.
- The very small JEDEC DO-214AB (SMC) package, coupled with a high-power density (5 KW), provides PC board designers with a space-saving alternative to currently available options.
- Meets DO-160 lightning protection regulatory requirements.
- Provides a very low clamping voltage and unlimited surge life.