Anritsu Corporation (President Hirokazu Hamada) is pleased to announce the sales launch of its Signal Quality Analyzer-R MP1900A series with upgraded PCI Express 5.0*1 Receiver and USB 3.2 x2-lane Test functions.
These PCI 5.0 CEM*2-function upgrades provide an effective Sequence Editor for debugging Link Training*3 as well as an optional accessory for compensating return path loss. Additionally, the USB 3.2 x2-lane measurement specified by the new standard for USB Type-C connectors*4 is also supported as a software option.
The all-in-one MP1900A supporting both PCI Express and USB standards helps resolve the measurement challenges of these new standards while contributing to customers’ evaluation efficiency and making best use of their investment in test equipment.
The MP1900A is a high-performance BERT*6 supporting Receiver Tests of high-speed computer and data communications interfaces, such as PCIe, USB, Thunderbolt, 400 and 800GbE, etc.
As well as a dedicated GUI optimised for debugging PCI Express 5.0 Link Training challenges, an optional software Sequence Editor function has also been developed. When the PCI Express 5.0 Compliance Test DUT return channel path loss is large, the BER can still be measured by using the accessory Re-Driver Set to compensate for loss.
In addition, the USB 3.2 Gen1/Gen2 x1/x2-lane DUT Receiver Test is supported by using the BERT 2ch options with the USB 3.2 x2 Link Training software option for lane identification using two-way Link Training and BER measurement after transitioning to the test mode, which can be fully automated using GRL’s automation software.
Resolves PCIe Gen5 receiver test challenges
- For debugging Link Training using PCIe5.0-dedicated Sequence Editor function
- For DUT Receiver Test with return channel path losses of up to 24 dB (typ.) using external accessory Re-Driver Set
Supports USB 3.2 x1/x2-lane measurement
- Unlike conventional USB 3.2 x1-lane measurement, supports x2-lane measurement using USB 3.2 x2 Link Training software option (requires PPG and ED 2ch options)
Cuts test equipment investment costs and reduces test workloads
- Hardware support from 2.4 to 21 Gbit/s (USB 3.2) with extended support to 32.1 Gbit/s (PCIe 5.0) in software
- Software for automating measurement procedure supports real-time oscilloscopes from major manufacturers.