EnGenius Networks Singapore known for delivering future-proof networking solutions for enterprises, today announced the release of its new EnGenius cloud managed ECW215 Wi-Fi 6 dual-band 2×2:2 wall-plate access point.
The EnGenius ECW215 is a sleek, low-profile design for easy concealment that uses Wi-Fi 6 technology to deliver best-in-class wireless experiences to more devices like laptops, tablets, smart phones, and IoT sensors in rooms. The AP also provides a versatile, built-in 2-port gigabit switch to connect and provide power to wired devices like VoIP phones when cabling or power sources are limited. The license-free cloud interface allows IT pros to “bulk” register and configure access points centrally, provide advanced client authentication for higher security, and minimize truck-rolls with advanced AP diagnostics for remote troubleshooting.
Clients will also love the innovative ECW215 smartcasting feature that provides smooth, fast setup and streaming on L2 guest networks for media sticks, game consoles, and other devices for an exceptional, personalized entertainment experience. In addition, upcoming features will add the ability to extend captive portal, splash pages, and security (which are all configurable through the SSID interface) to the extra LAN ports to unify the wireless and wired network onboarding process for a seamless user transition.
The EnGenius ECW215 is one of only a few state-of-the-art Wi-Fi 6 capable wall-plate access points on the market that will provide exceptional wired and wireless connectivity for superior in-room entertainment in hotel guest rooms, student housing, assisted living, senior living, apartment complexes, and classrooms.
- Dual-band 802.11ax 2×2 supports up-to 1,200 Mbps (5 GHz) & 574 Mbps (2.4 GHz)
- Sleek, low-profile design for in-room Wi-Fi & wired connectivity
- 802.3at PoE+ compliant for flexible installation up to 328 feet from a power source
- On-board 2-port switch offers VLAN support and PoE to power VoIP phones
- SmartCasting (like Chromecast and Apple TV) to stream media from mobile devices to TVs for personalized entertainment
- SSID settings that can be automatically applied to LAN ports & provide a captive portal, splash page, & security
- Mesh wireless support simplifies setup, optimizes signals & self-heals
- Remotely manage, test, configure, and troubleshoot unlimited number of APs with EnGenius Cloud
- Advanced real-time diagnostic tools to help admins troubleshoot WiFi networks with channel utilization, ping, traceroute and real-time client information
- AP connectivity diagnostics, Wi-Fi quality testing, and device configurations
- Quick-Scan Device register, installation, and remote monitoring & troubleshooting
- Basic EnGenius Cloud management available free, PRO EnGenius Cloud available with affordable license fee
“We know how hard it can be for installers to work with multi-tenant projects. Our goal is to make that job much easier,” said Bryan Slayman, product line manager at EnGenius. “That’s why we’re excited to be launching a Wi-Fi 6 wall-mount AP that greatly improves installation and configuration time as well as provides efficient connectivity in apartments, hotel rooms, and college dorms. We want to help you provide the best end-user experience possible.”
Shipping for the EnGenius cloud managed ECW215 Wi-Fi 6 dual-band 2×2:2 wall-plate access point will begin May 2022.