ErP had issued new regulations (ErP Regulations (EU) 2019/2020) for Lighting Products and Energy Efficiency Labelling Regulations (EU) 2019/2015) on 5th December, 2019. After coming into effect on 25th December 2019, you can apply for the ErP of the new regulations.
The new regulations will be enforced on 1st September 2021. Therefore, all products must be applied for in accordance with the new regulations. The old regulations EC 244/2009, EC 245/2009, EU 1194/2012 and the energy efficiency label regulation EU 874/2012 are simultaneously invalidated.
The main differences between the new version of the ErP EU 2019/2020 directive and the old version of the directive:
- The scope of application has been increased for household appliances, furniture and other products with lights
- Change the calculation of energy efficiency from EEI index back to Ponmax, increase the factor of colour rendering index, and improve the requirements of energy efficiency
- Add stroboscopic test: SVM, Pst LM
- Increase the power consumption requirements of the network control network standby
- Increased the requirement of drive energy conversion efficiency
- The switching cycle test, start-up time, and warm-up time test are deleted
- Number of test samples: only 10 light sources and 3 drivers
- Endurance test is 3600 hours, of which the lighting time is 3000 hours, the test time is greatly reduced, but the requirement of luminous flux maintenance rate is greatly improved
- The calculation of energy efficiency rating has been changed from EEI index to ηTM (lm/W), which is more intuitive
- The division of energy efficiency levels has been changed from Class A to Class G
- Higher energy efficiency requirements, such as the previous Class A++ is only equivalent to the current Class E
Regarding the new ErP regulations (EU) 2019/2020 and energy efficiency labeling regulations (EU) 2019/2015 of EU lighting products, LISUN recommends the following supporting test solutions:
- LPCE-2(LMS-9000) High precision spectroradiometer integrating sphere system can test the following parameters: Lumen, luminous efficiency, spectrum, color rendering index, energy efficiency rating, power factor, etc.
LPCE 2(LMS-9000) Spectrophotometer & Integrating Sphere Test System
- LSRF-3 Lamp start, Run-up time and flicker test system and LSP-500VARC-Pst AC power supply: Designed in full accordance with BASIC, Energy Star V2.1, IEC-Pst, CA CEC, ASSIST, IECTR61547-1, CIE SVM and IEEE Std 1789 standards.
LSRF-3 Lamp Start, Run-up Time and Flicker Test System
The scope of application of the new Erp includes:
- Light source
- Products containing light source and driver
- Independent drive (only for (EU) 2019/2020
Energy efficiency requirements are:
- Light source power consumption
- Independent control device efficiency
- No-load power and standby power
- Color rendering
- Phase shift factor
- Lumen maintenance rate
- Survival rate
- Colour consistency
- Flicker test