They give high performance along with hardware-based security, suitable for business, education, mobile and gaming computing platforms
To help people navigate through this extraordinary time where intelligent computing is present across the cloud to the edge, new processors have been designed for business, education, mobile and gaming computing platforms that offer premium PC experiences.
Best Platform for Business
For business, the 11th Gen Intel vPro platform delivers high performance and security. These new processors are optimal for thin and light laptops offering:
- Intel Hardware Shield that enhances hardware security for business. Having silicon-enabled artificial intelligence (AI) threat detection capability helps stop ransomware and crypto-mining attacks. It is also equipped with Intel Control Flow Enforcement Technology that shuts down an entire class of attacks that long evaded software-only solutions.
- 10-nanometer (nm) SuperFin technology helps deliver improved graphics and Wi-Fi technology that enables up to 6x faster uploads and downloads in the office and nearly 3x faster speeds at home versus standard Wi-Fi 55.
- 8x times better AI performance, enabling businesses new compute power to keep pace with the fast-changing software ecosystem
- 2.3x faster creation and video editing compared to the previous generation.
- Up to 23% faster productivity when using resource-heavy apps and the best business collaboration experience, enabling more than 50% faster office productivity while on a video conference call.
The Intel Evo vPro platform delivers an amazing immersive visual experience for business laptop users. It also offers remarkable responsiveness, instant wake and real-world battery life. More than 60 new laptops this year will include the power of vPro that also provides combined security and manageability.
Meeting Education Needs
PC has become an essential education tool worldwide over the past year. To meet the growing needs, the new N-series Intel Pentium Silver and Celeron processors balance performance, media and collaboration for education systems. The processors are designed on 10nm architecture, delivering up to 35% better overall application performance and up to 78% better graphics performance gen on gen. This enables smooth application performance and browsing while multitasking, plus advanced camera and connectivity features for an enriched video conferencing and viewing experience.
High-End Gaming Platform
The 11th Gen Intel Core H-series mobile processors for gaming extend the 11th Gen mobile family of products and pushes the limits for gaming enthusiasts. Led by the Intel Core i7 Special Edition 4-core processor with up to 5 gigahertz (GHz) Turbo, these H35 processors are specifically targeted for ultraportable gaming. They feature new Gen 4 PCIE architecture for connecting to the latest discrete graphics and deliver low latency and immersive gameplay on the go.
For mobile enthusiasts who seek desktop-calibre gaming performance, an 8-core processor enables unique high-end desktop features – including up to 5GHz, 20 lanes of PCIe Gen 4.0 architecture for fastest storage and discrete graphics, and Intel Killer Wi-fi 6E . will start shipping later this quarter.
Next-Generation Leaders In Desktop and Mobile Platforms
The 11th Gen Intel Core S-series desktop processors (“Rocket Lake-S”) features 19% gen-over-gen instructions per cycle (IPC) improvement for high-frequency cores. Headlined by the Intel Core i9-11900K, these processors will bring even more performance to gamers and PC enthusiasts at launch in the first quarter of 2021.
Additionally, “Alder Lake,” the next-generation processor represents a significant breakthrough in x86 architecture and is a power-scalable system-on-chip. Due in the second half of 2021, Alder Lake combines high-performance and efficiency cores into a single product. Alder Lake will also be Intel’s first processor built on a new, enhanced version of 10nm SuperFin and will serve as the foundation for leadership desktop and mobile processors that deliver smarter, faster and more efficient real-world computing.