ROHM has recently announced the availability of the SENSORSHLD1-EVK-101, a second-generation sensor shield integrating 10 onboard sensors along with standard Arduino interface pins that ensure compatibility with existing open-source prototyping platforms.
In recent years, following the proliferation of IoT and M2M in industrial, automotive, consumer and other areas, a number of companies offer services and applications with sensors to meet the market’s needs. However, significant development effort along with hardware and software expertise is required when creating products for expanding these systems. In addition, the development and mounting environment for each sensor device will inherently differ, complicating evaluation.
In response, ROHM previously developed the Sensor Platform Kit (ROHM-SENSEKIT1-EVK-101), featuring a modular design capable of standalone operation that makes it possible to switch out and evaluate different ROHM sensor products. In contrast, this new Sensor Shield (SENSORSHLD1-EVK-101) provides a lower cost alternative and includes standard Arduino shield interface pins that enable connection to any evaluation kit with a shield interface header. This allows for immediate verification of sensor operation and facilitates the design of sensor devices, significantly lightening development load while promoting the expansion of the sensor market.
Pricing: $93/unit (1 kit)
ROHM will be exhibiting this breakthrough technology at Sensors Expo 2016, the premiere event in applied sensors (for more information, click here).
- ROHM BDE0600G – Analog Temperature Sensor
2. ROHM BM1383AGLV – Digital Barometric Pressure Sensor
3. ROHM BU52014HFV – Hall Switch Sensor (Omnipolar with Polarity Discrimination)
4. ROHM BM1422GMV – Magnetometer Sensor
5. Kionix KX122-1037 / -1048– Digital Accelerometer
6. Kionix KMX62 – Digital Magnetometer and Accelerometer
7. Kionix KXG03 – Digital Gyroscope and Accelerometer
8. LAPIS Semiconductor ML8511A – Analog UV Sensor
9. ROHM RPR-0521 – Digital Ambient Light Sensor and Proximity Sensor
10. ROHM BH1745 – Digital Color Sensor