- Advertisement -
- Electrical Engineer & Automation – Marine System, Grade B1/ B2 will report functionally to Tech Lead, FLMC Machine Automation leader at Emerson Innovation Center- Pune.
- The successful candidate will study and understand specification/ customer requirements, system design, programming, prepare test plan, test setup, design drawings, technical documentation, verification & validation as per DNV/GL, ABS, CCS, Cybersecurity, and other applicable regulation, and coordination with vendors.
- System design and implementation of marine control systems from requirements to commissioning.
- Coordinate with customers for VOC (Voice of Customer), and understand requirements.
- Understand Project / Work Scope, specifications/ requirements, electrical design, test plan to meet the expected schedule and timeline, verification & validation of products
- Prepare functional design diagrams, documents, functional/ non-functional tests and debug system.
- Knowledge of Cybersecurity standards like ISA S-18, IEC 62443-3, etc.
- Knowledge of SCADA systems and other high-level control systems, HMI design, WEB visualizations, SVG Graphics, SQL database configurations, and logging.
- Knowledge of using CAN-bus, OPC-UA, MODBUS-TCP/IP, MQTT, PROFINET, and similar protocols.
- Knowledge of hardware/ software interfaces
- Knowledge of PLC programming IEC 61131-3 with programming tools for Siemens, GE VersaMax, Wago, Allen Bradley, etc.
- Provide postproduction support by identifying complex technical issues, evaluating options, and implementing solutions.
- Coordination with agencies for contract changes/ proposals etc.
- Knowledge of standards of conduct and all relevant statutory requirements (like DNV/GL, ABS, CCS)
- Periodic Interaction with Project Manager through Verbal & Written Communication
- Closely coordinate with other departments
- Generate Project Metrics as per EIC-Pune and/or Business Unit Guidelines
- Report to Local Manager for All the activities
- Contribute to EIC-Pune Assigned Initiatives
- Should be able to work in Engineering Laboratory for Product & System Level Testing following Safety Practices & Guidelines
- Minimum Bachelor’s in Electronics / Instrumentation/ Mechatronics/ Robotic Automation Engineering or relevant discipline.
- 3-5 years of experience in Software/ Project engineering including troubleshooting/debugging control systems, preferably in the marine field
- Knowledge of programming languages HTML5, Node-Red, Grafana, understanding, and analysis of XML/XAML.
- Knowledge of Linux systems, Ubuntu servers, and Virtual file systems.
- Good in CAN-Bus Protocol, Real-time ethernet, and other communication interfaces.
- Knowledge of setting up OPC-UA, MODBUS TCP/IP network.
- Good in SCADA system/ PLC programming standards IEC 61131-3.
- Strong understanding of data networking and security concepts
- Proficient with project configuration management tools, defect tracking tools, and standard MS Office applications and Windows administrations.
- Experience with schematics, component data sheets, and electronic test equipment.
- Conversant with MS Office Software tools such Visio, Word, Excel & PowerPoint.
- Good Lateral Thinking, Strong customer/partner focus with excellent organizational and problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Self-motivated, capable of working with minimal supervision.
- Undertakes work in an efficient and timely manner.
- Handle projects independently and guide team members as and when required
- Respect company’s values and ethics
- A willingness to learn is critical
- Good Communication skills in Verbal English with neutral accent are a must
- Prior Working Experience in Global Engineering Environment is preferred