The Job is closed. Check the latest active jobs here.
Provides technical expertise of hardware through sales presentations, product demonstrations, installation and maintenance of company products. Assists the sales staff in assessing potential application of company products to meet customer needs and preparing detailed product specifications for the development and implementation of customer solutions. Ensures that the product solution is functioning according to specifications. May provide follow-up support to company sales staff and customer personnel by disseminating technical information on specific hardware areas. Assists customers with any questions, issues, or troubleshooting regarding hardware tools and products.
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field and 4+ years of Hardware Applications Engineering or Hardware Design experience or related work experience.
Master’s degree in Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field and 3+ years of Hardware Applications Engineering or Hardware Design experience or related work experience.
PhD in Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field and 2+ years of Hardware Applications Engineering or Hardware Design experience or related work experience.
- 6+ years of Hardware Applications Engineering or Hardware Design experience or related work experience.
- 1+ years of work experience in a role requiring interaction with leadership.
- 2+ years of experience working in a large matrixed organization.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides timely and accurate answers to customer inquiries.
- Assists less experienced engineers to provide timely and accurate answers to customer inquiries.
- Identifies customer problems and recommends solutions.
- Guides customers through the process of using tools and/or platforms.
- Performs root cause analyses on customer problems to identify underlying issue.
- Communicates essential and complex technical information to be leveraged by sales and marketing teams.
- Contributes significantly and represents customer perspectives in design or project reviews and project meetings.
- Acts as a tech lead on small- to mid-sized projects.
- Seeks advanced knowledge of hardware, chip design, end-applications, markets served, and related software products, and shares this knowledge with others in team.
- Oversees the publication (e.g., writing, reviewing, editing) of product technical documentation for mid-sized to large projects.
- Demonstrates Qualcomm products and offerings to customers and explains value proposition.
Level of Responsibility
- Working independently with little supervision.
- Making decisions that are moderate in impact; errors may have relatively minor financial impact or effect on projects, operations, or customer relationships; errors may require involvement beyond immediate work group to correct.
- Using verbal and written communication skills to convey information that may be somewhat complex to others who may have limited knowledge of the subject in question. May require basic negotiation and influence, cooperation, tact, and diplomacy, etc.
- Having a moderate amount of influence over key organizational decisions (e.g., is consulted by senior leadership to provide input on key decisions).
- Completing tasks with multiple steps that can be performed in various orders; some planning and prioritization must occur to complete the tasks effectively; mistakes may result in some rework.
- Exercising creativity to draft original documents, imagery, or work products within established guidelines.
- Using deductive and inductive problem solving; multiple approaches may be taken/necessary to solve the problem; often information is missing or incomplete; intermediate data analysis/interpretation skills may be required.
- May be solicited during strategic planning period.
The responsibilities of this role do not include:
- Financial accountability (e.g., does not involve budgeting responsibility).