- Advertisement -
Company: Ather Energy
What you’ll do at Ather:
You will be working as an embedded design engineer with hands-on experience in designing microcontroller/SoC-based systems interfacing with displays, radios, sensors, and actuators
- Design electronic systems to meet product and subsystem specifications.
- Perform simulations and design calculations to validate the correctness of the design across operating conditions and process variations (Tolerance Analysis, Monte Carlo).
- Work with the SW and FW team in understanding how HW, SW, and FW will interact and design accordingly.
- Be able to derive internal engineering requirements from higher-level requirements.
Design schematic with CAD tools (Allegro/Eagle/Orcad etc).
- Collaborate with PCB engineers in layout development and review.
- Design of experiments for investigating issues and finding the way forward. Use structured reasoning (Fishbone, 8D, etc) to RCA issues. Implement CAPA.
- Participate in AFMEA, own DFMEA, and collaborate with the manufacturing team for PFMEA. Assist manufacturing team in all engg aspects of manufacturing. Understand and adopt DFM, and DFA.
- Collaborate with the HW packaging team in understanding the physical boundaries and making necessary adjustments.
- Understand embedded system testing methods, and collaborate with the testing team.
- Maximize reuse of platforms and design resources to help reduce TTM, and cost, and enhance quality; implement lessons learned into designs.
- Participate in supplier discussions and benchmarking activities.
- Participate in regulatory tests such as UL, ARAI, BIS, and IEC standards for electrical/electronic assemblies.
- Be comfortable in a challenging, fast-moving environment
Here’s what we are looking for:
- Electric circuit design and analysis (Resistors, Capacitors, Inductors, Diodes, FETs, BJTs, Opamps)
- Microcontroller/Microprocessor/DSP Architecture – Registers, Bus, PWM, DMA, ADC, DAC, Timers
- Microcontroller/Microprocessor/DSP Chip Selection (E)
- Electrolytic and Ceramic Capacitors, NTC, PTC, Relays, Contactors, MOV, GDT
LDO, Voltage Regulators, HF Magnetics, Amplifiers, Comparators, PMIC, Protocol converters/Drivers
- JTAG Debug/Programming
- Hardware and firmware debugging
- Debug & Troubleshooting of Embedded HW Systems/Boards
- Thermal Testing, Safety & Regulatory Pre-Compliance Testing
- Rework and soldering of SMD and thru-hole Devices on PCBAs.
You bring to Ather:
- B.Tech/M.Tech with specialization in electrical/electronics or computer engineering with enough exposure to circuits and systems.
- 2+ years of experience in the design and development of embedded systems