A Career at HARMAN
As a technology leader that is rapidly on the move, HARMAN is filled with people who are focused on making life better. Innovation, inclusivity and teamwork are a part of our DNA. When you add that to the challenges we take on and solve together, you’ll discover that at HARMAN you can grow, make a difference and be proud of the work you do every day.
The engineer will be responsible for developing production ready software following a defined software development process. The engineer must be capable of analyzing specifications, developing unit designs, developing unit test plans, integration test plans and verifying functionality. The engineer will be responsible for the development of embedded system-based application software for an amplifier product(s). The engineer must be able to understand the requirements for specific project/programs and be able to develop drivers, services and applications in Embedded C and RTOS environment.
- Embedded systems architecture with any RTOS
- Working experience in developing embedded system-based application
- Working knowledge of software development tools (debugger’s, emulators, compilers, etc).
- Ability to read schematics and debug analog and digital hardware.
- Able to use oscilloscope and logic analyzer for troubleshooting.
- Working knowledge of software development processes.
- Working knowledge of embedded operating systems.
- Analyze customer and internal requirements and specifications and translates these into software designs.
- Analyze existing embedded software to add features, make modifications, fix bus, and/or port to different platforms.
- Tests software designs and code at the unit and system level to ensure that all requirements are met, and the highest software quality is achieved and that C1 coverage is achieved.
- Participates in internal and customer driven design reviews throughout program supported by local SMEs
- Work with offshore development and validation teams to support in the software development activity.
- Communicate and interface directly to the OEM customers supported by regional SME.
- Problem solving skills
- Identifies product requirement or performance issues. Work with external teams as necessary to resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Communicate with peers inside the Harman group to coordinate software development. This includes occasional travel for training or coordination with other groups..
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Electronics or Instrumentation Engineering or equivalent.
- 3+ years of microcontroller embedded software development or testing.
- 3+ years of C or other structured language.
- 3+ years of Automotive embedded systems development and testing
- Experience in developing and debugging software in a real-time, embedded, multiprocessor, multi-interface environment.
- Experienced working with off-shore development teams.
- Experienced with project schedules.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Exemplary verbal and written communication skills.
- Creative problem-solver capable of creating and reproducing complex software defects.
- 3+ Experience in ASPICE, Cybersecurity and Functional Safety
Preferred Qualifications & Desired Competencies:
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Electrical or Electronics or Instrumentation Engineering or equivalent
- Familiarity with audio processing.
- Experience with uC-OSII or other embedded RTOS
- Experience with micro controllers (e.g. V850/RH850/S32k)
- Working experiences with CAN, UDS and A2B
- Willingness to travel 10% of the time.
- The position is in Bengaluru, India
The Job is closed. Check the latest active jobs here.