This Job is Closed, but you can explore other Firmware Engineer Jobs.
Creating Peace of Mind by Pioneering Safety and Security
At Allegion, we help keep the people you know and love safe and secure where they live, work and visit. With more than 30 brands, 11,000+ employees globally and products sold in 130 countries, we specialize in security around the doorway and beyond, everything from Residential and Commercial Locks, Door Closer and Exit Devices, Steel Doors and Frames to Access Control and workforce productivity systems.
Allegion is looking for a highly motivated Firmware Engineer who will be responsible for Firmware development of assigned modules within a larger system. Responsibilities include participation in firmware specification development, firmware architecture, design, code development, debugging, and participation in code reviews, documentation, unit/integration/system testing and other assigned engineering tasks. Individual will be responsible to deliver to objectives including meeting deadlines and schedule.
What You Will Do
- Design, develop and debug firmware for electronic products and systems
- Should be able to design embedded modules meeting design attributes
- Maintain and improve existing designs and source code to help attain goal of having a modular structure
- Work with a team to produce full documentation of design and unit test cases. Utilize systems approach tools such as functional block diagrams, flow diagrams, simulations, fault tree analysis, state-diagrams, and others as required in product development
- Work with validation lab in supporting FW Engineering Validation Test code and Product validation code testing
- Work across multiple sites/teams domestically and internationally
What You Need to Succeed
- BE or M Tech in Electronics and communication/ Computer Science Engineering
- 3-5 Years embedded electronics experience in Firmware design and development.
- Extensive experience working on Embedded Firmware
- Very good C programming skills. Understanding Assembly language is a plus
- Must have gone through all the steps in the Software Development Life Cycle [Requirements, Design, Coding, Unit testing and System testing]
- Must have experience in working on 8/16/32 bit micro controllers
- Must have written device drivers for micro controllers [I2C, SPI, UART, etc.]
- Must have used tools like Version control systems, emulators, and debuggers
- Working experience in any RTOS (Micrium, FreeRTOS, Linux, Yocto, etc.)
- Working experience in wireless protocols (BLE, Wi-Fi, etc.)
Why Work for Us?
Allegion is a Great Place to Grow your Career if:
- You are seeking a rewarding opportunity that allows you to truly help others. With thousands of employees and customers around the world, there’s plenty of room to make an impact. As our values state, “this is your business, run with it”.
- You value personal well-being and balance, because we do too!
- You’re looking for a company that will invest in your professional development. As we grow, we want you to grow with us.