- Advertisement -
- Architect & lead design, development, implementation, verification, validation & reliability growth of power electronics based systems & components as applied on downhole & surface equipment/tools as part of drilling, wireline, perforating technologies
- Develop common AC/DC and DC/DC converter topologies (buck, boost, buck-boost, fly-back, forward, half-bridge, full-bridge, etc.) & DC/AC 3-phase inverters to drive BLDC motors
- Design complete power electronics converter systems (active/passive component selection, input/output filter design, compensation circuit design, gate driver circuits, etc.) for up to 3300Volt applications
- Develop specification & design of magnetic components (power inductor, transformer) and BLDC Motors.
- Understanding of various motor control methods (Field Oriented/Trapezoidal) and its impact to the hardware design.
- Develop solutions with wide-bandgap power semiconductor devices (SiC MOSFETs) with full understanding of high-temperature characteristics
- Calculate device losses and develop specifications for thermal management (heat sinks) for high-density power converters
- Develop schematic and support PCB design
- Develop layout of PCB’s for high-frequency switching circuits minimizing EMI issues
Lead troubleshooting of power converter/inverter boards
- Utilize commonly used circuit simulators (LTSPICE, PSPICE, etc.)
- Utilize math tools (Matlab, MathCAD, etc.)
- Work with electrical systems, firmware and mechanical engineers to develop solutions as required for the product.
- Present in design reviews of internal developments and review third party designs
- Develop component qualification plans and lead execution of plans.
- Perform functional and qualification testing of the designed boards and sub-assemblies.
- Support functional testing for motor controllers on Hardware-in-the-loop simulator, dynamometers and on assembled tool.
- Document designs, specifications, test plans, revisions and produce test reports
- Present technical status, risk plans and reports to management
- Provide technical guidance and leadership to other personnel in the team in developing new approaches to solve problems.
- Prepared to work on several projects at a given time or highly complicated projects that require a creative team work. Work with cross-functional teams during product life-cycle
- Excellent organization, interpersonal, leadership, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Subject matter expert for Halliburton
- A bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering, electronics engineering or similar discipline and a minimum of six years related experience are required for the position. A master’s degree or PhD in electrical engineering with emphasis on power electronics and license/charter as a Professional Engineer are preferred.
- Some travel may be required.
- Higher positions may be considered for more qualified candidates.