The Job is closed. Check the latest active jobs here.
At Hitachi Energy our purpose is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We bring power to our homes, schools, hospitals and factories. Join us and work with fantastic people, while learning and developing yourself on projects that have a real impact to our communities and society. Bring your passion, bring your energy, and be part of a global team that appreciates a simple truth: Diversity + Collaboration = Great Innovation
Act as Substation Assessment Engineer for Substation Projects of various voltage levels with medium to high complexity. Ensure effective assessment and preparing comprehensive risk assessment efficiently to the satisfaction of the customer, and objective reporting enabling customer to take the right decision and provide an accurate assessment methodology to help customer to take the right investment decisions and helping them optimize Capex and Opex cost.
- Coordinating substation assessment discipline across several projects Provides comprehensive technical reports and activities, analyzes, and interprets data including collection of site data. Prepares complete project documents/reports in one’s area of responsibility. Serves as a specialist in application of advanced concepts and methods.
- Assisting in preparing proposal/presentation for Substation Assessment & Substation Life Stretch Assessments for projects/programs to the Sales Team. Coaches, provides support and technical advice to colleagues assign tasks. Develop multiple substation solutions for a complex substation such as AIS Vs GIS Vs Hybrid GIS etc.
- Conducting risk and opportunity assessments to ensure implementation of substation assessments, identifies and reports potential risks related to substation equipment(s) condition/ quality and recommends resolutions to the customer’s satisfaction. Initiates and monitors risk mitigation plan in one’s area of responsibility and ensures stakeholders are updated on associated technical risks. Substation product knowledge including its evolution is a must.
- Conducting Safety Observation tour during site visits to report and mitigate potential HSE hazards. All site activities require HSE focused approach as per Hitachi Energy’s HSE requirements. Processes such as creation of Activity Based Risk Assessment (ABRA), Job Safety Environmental Analysis (JSEA), Take 5, HSR and LSR etc; also complies with required safety regulations, contractual requirements, and international standards.
- Customers coordination for site visits and substation assessment activities. Identifies and recommends new effective solutions to mitigate customer’s problems and challenges. Provides relevant information pertaining to assessments and meetings with customer.
- Troubleshooting proactively identifies potential equipment failures and proactive corrective actions. Troubleshoots potential complex equipment failure and makes recommendations to avoid repeating the problem in the future.
- Developing, selecting and applying standard techniques, procedures and tools and ensures that assessment and reliability modelling activities comply with required safety regulations contractual requirements. Reports processes and tools inefficiencies and suggest ideas for improvements.
- Educational qualification preferable in Engineering in Electrical & Electronics Engineering
- Having work experience of 4+ years ( Designing of Substations; Site experience will have an added advantage).
- Very good knowledge of single line diagram, various busbar configuration like, single bus, double bus, three bus, ring main system, all substation equipment product knowledge (Circuit Breaker, Current transformer, Power Transformer, Surge Arrestor, Control and Relay Panel, MV Switchgear, AC/DC System, different technologies available in the field of substation like GIS, PASS, Disconnecting Circuit Breaker etc.
- Knowledge about reliability and availability concept, knowledge about equipment failure rate, risk management, priority,
- Knowledge about layout practices, safety working clearance, earthing, cabling and lightning protection
- Very strong knowledge of national and international standard like IS/IEC/IEEE
- Proficiency in Technical negotiation & Presentation skills
- Proficiency in Auto CAD & Microsoft Office