BlackRock is looking for a full time Deskside Support Technician to join our Support team based in Mumbai. Reporting into the India manager, the individual will be responsible for technology onsite support for the Mumbai office. The regional support teams strive to provide outstanding levels of service to our clients, ensuring they have the technology and support required to achieve their business objectives. Excellent communication skills are essential for this role. The individual will need to keep our clients engaged on technology projects, policies and standards while collaborating with the technology management and infrastructure teams.
- Represent the global technology organisation in our Mumbai office. Ensure the business are
- kept informed on technology initiatives as well as corporate technology policies and standards
- Support widely used hardware (PCs, Laptops, Mobile devices) and software products (MS Windows, MS Office) as well as in-house applications, Market Data applications and local third party accounting systems.
- Escalate issues affecting business operations, whilst maintaining overall responsibility for the problem or activity
- Be willing to provide assistance with any other elements of IT support when required
- Assist the team with project delivery tasks as and when the need arises
- Provide VIP support when necessary for local execs or visitors
- Respond to Help desk generated tickets within defined timescales
- Install, upgrade, support and troubleshoot Windows 10, Windows 7 and Microsoft Office 365/ 2013/2016 and any other authorized desktop applications
- Install, upgrade, support and troubleshoot for computer hardware, Virtual Machines, PC, Monitor, Laptop, Printers and any other authorized peripheral equipment.
- Responsible for monitoring, operating, managing, troubleshooting and restoring to service any personal computers (PC) or notebooks that has authorized access to the network
- When the restoration is beyond the scope of the computers, laptops, printers and any other authorized peripheral equipment the Desktop Support engineer will escalate the issue/problem to level 3 support team whilst maintaining overall responsibility for the problem or activity. Keep in regular contact with the support teams throughout the day.
- To respond to Help desk generated tickets within defined timescales. Develop trends by monitoring and analyzing incoming calls, problems and support requests. Using the current BlackRock call ticket management system, update all allocated calls on a no less than daily basis.
- Keep users apprised of an estimated time of resolution and continue to call periodically with progress reports.
- Maintain adequate knowledge of operating systems and application software used to provide a high level of support
- Develop technical knowledge of each system within company profile and specialized
- knowledge of certain nominated areas
- Develop sound understanding of IT operations and related applications and IT systems as well as business related processes and procedures.
- Familiarize end users on basic software, hardware and peripheral device operation. Provide users at all levels with advice and guidance on technology as required, in accordance with BlackRock standards.
- Take ownership and responsibility of queries, issues and problems assigned to the Desktop Support engineer.
- Works with vendor support contacts to resolve technical issues within the desktop environment.
- Responsible for tracking hardware and software inventory. Update the records in inventory tool on timely basis.
- To build and install PCs as required, ranging from a single new user, to supplying machines for larger projects. Being part of office restack activities as well. Machine builds are to be carried out using the standard Blackrock installation process.
- Provide VIP support when necessary. Also provide support for Multimedia/ VC requests.
- Assist the team with project delivery tasks as and when the need arises. Manage tasks/projects allocated to you within the given time scales, seeking advice where necessary. Ensure that the relevant end user and your team members are kept up to date with the progress of all projects.
- Keep in regular contact with other reginal/global desk side support teams for knowledge sharing, cross training, and synchronization in project efforts.
- Attend team meetings and discuss the operation issues.
- High customer support orientation is must for this role.
- BE/B.Tech in Computer Science/ Information technology/ Electronics & Communication.
- Graduate with relevant experience.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft products (Office, Internet Explorer, Communicator, Windows)
- Strong knowledge with Virtualization (VMWare, Citrix XenApp & XenDesktop)
- Strong knowledge of PC and related hardware (Dell and HP products)
- Good working knowledge of networks (WAN, LAN, Firewalls, etc.)
- Experience with Mobile Technologies, Mobile device management, iOS, Android Platform.
- Experience with RSA, and Cisco VPN & Cisco Jabber.
- Experience with Cisco phone systems would be considered an advantage
- Experience with HP Service Manager/ HP Service Now.
- Competency with scripting, PowerShell, WMI, VBA, and SQL would be considered an advantage.
- Experience with Windows server and server hardware would be considered and advantage.
- Knowledge of Artificial Intelligence, Robotic process automation will be additional advantage
- Self-confidence and interpersonal skills
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good communication (both verbal and written) skills
- Planning and organizing skills
- Strong listening skills
- Able to operate effectively in a team environment with both technical and nontechnical team members
- Able to operate with minimal supervision
- Able to manage time effectively, set priorities appropriately, schedule calls
- Able to maintain professional conduct under stress.
- Able to operate within customer standard operating procedures
- Work experience in Global environment
- At least 3-5 years of full-time work experience in Information Technology
The Analyst- Digital user experience, role is to provide IT technical support to end users and maintain the organizations desktop computing environment. This includes installing, diagnosing, repairing and maintaining all hardware and equipment (including but not limiting to PC, Thin Clients, Printers and Scanners) to ensure optimal workstation performance. This person will also troubleshoot problem areas (in-person, by telephone or via Remote access) in a timely and accurate fashion, and provide end user assistance where required. This person will also be responsible to work on executing the IT projects.
The Job is closed. Check the latest active jobs here.