Nature and Purpose
Supporting the Global Business Unit Leaders strategy in the execution of specific product technology plans. Completing product administration tasks and customer service within agreed service levels.
Accountabilities with Key Outcomes
- Product Creation – Accountable for the creation of products as defined by Global Product Business Unit Leader
- Manages the product range – manages the portfolio of products throughout their life cycle. Including; system maintenance, ensuring products are in the optimum saleable position, PDD co-ordination, product maintenance / housekeeping and ad-hoc analytics.
- Customer Service – Accountable for responding to customer tickets and technical queries, including liaising with suppliers in multiple time-zones to resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Inventory – manage parts throughout the product lifecycle including; NPI performance, EOL, SKU flagging, Non-Stocked range management.
- Marketing co-ordination – work with commercial marketing and suppliers to provide content for agreed marketing activities.
- Quality – responsible for exceptional levels of detail and accuracy in product content and presentation.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
Please give details of the knowledge, education, formal qualifications, specialised training or experience required for the job. Indicate whether requirement is essential or desirable.
- Exceptional focus on customer service, quality and attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills (how do we re-inforce language skills in a dilpomatic and sensitive way?)
- Comfortable speaking with multiple global stakeholders
- Experience in managing multiple priorities and meeting deadlines/SLA commitments
- Excel and IT skills
- Ability to work autonomously & drive results
- Strong quantitative and data management skills
- Experience of working in the electronics components industry/and or distribution
- Experience succeeding in a Global Matrix organisation
- Experience working in a customer service environment
Job Impact/Influence Measures: Show data in approximate or in a range which job has impact on. Please state if the impact is direct or indirect. Think about financial elements e.g. budget, scale of role e.g. people management, network reach, sales impact etc.
- Direct impact on Sales, margin and market share of business unit
- Direct impact on supplier relationship through interaction and strong execution of product related matters
- Indirect influence over Asset, Sales, Marketing & e-Commerce through support of product strategy