Design Group operates from more than 45 offices in the United States and India, providing engineering, consulting and technical services for the world’s leading companies in the food and beverage, life sciences, advanced technology, industrial and other market sectors. Our nearly 1,500 technical and engineering experts have direct industry experience in industrial automation, control system integration, facility and process engineering, architecture, construction management, regulatory compliance, enterprise technology and other consulting services.
Barry-Wehmiller is a diversified global supplier of engineering consulting and manufacturing technology for the packaging, corrugating, sheeting and paper-converting industries. By blending people-centric leadership with disciplined operational strategies and purpose-driven growth, Barry-Wehmiller has become a $3 billion organization with nearly 12,000 team members united by a common belief: to use the power of business to build a better world.
- Designs, models, and tests prototypes for products.
- Conducts research and creates design proposals for projects. Establishes design briefs.
- Creates concepts, performance, and production criteria. Identifies and selects materials needed for production.
- Produces final hand drawings and specifications.
- Creates parts lists.
- Lists costs involved in production.
- Makes samples of working models for demonstration.
- Plans marketing initiatives for product.
- Negotiates appropriate production processes.
- Improves usability of an item.
- Uses computer-aided design (CAD) to design concepts.
- Other duties assigned