Who We Are
At Molex we’re committed to improving people’s lives and making the world a better place. Connected Mobility Solutions (CMS), a business unit of Molex LLC, develops innovative products and manufacturing processes around automotive in-vehicle networking, infotainment and lighting segments.
At Molex, we are constantly striving to improve and grow both personally and professionally. We put our customer first, and demand only the best. Come join our journey.
Who We Are Looking For
Molex CMS product team is seeking a component engineer to support the product development group for our newest and fast-growing segment. We are looking for those that share our passion for solution development and delivery. We have a rapidly expanding portfolio of complex automotive electronics solutions that utilizes state-of the art-technology.This requires a strong understanding of these component technologies and knowledge of their implementation in electronic designs.
You will be responsible for supporting engineering design and sourcing activity to drive the most cost-effective solutions that meet all customer requirements.You will help to optimize designs, develop guidelines and procedures on component vendor selection, and evaluate potential supplier changes and alternate parts to improve cost, quality, and efficiency, and reliability.
What You Will Need
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or related technical field with demonstrated application of engineering principles, theories, and techniques.
- 3+ years of related experience as a component engineer.
What You Will Bring
- Technical knowledge regarding the selection of electronic components for specific electrical applications
- Experience determining, evaluating, and validating potential alternate solutions
- Experience in Bill of Material cost reduction
- Experience in Obsolescence management
- Experience in database tools like Silicon expert
- Knowledge about various component standards in the industry like AEC
- Great communication and collaboration skills to work with our engineering, quality, sourcing, and operations groups