Key Job Function
Working under the supervision of the global team and support the measurement and testing projects in India and globally. He/she will essentially do Organization, test set up installations / operation / maintenance / data evaluation / analysis and reporting of Power Quality measurements and LVRT Testing on wind turbines and solar plants in India and abroad to determine the electrical properties, in particular the behavior in the event of voltage dips (LVRT).
Further, the engineer will be responsible for Business Development, administration requirements relating to measurements, independent execution and timely completion of projects by analyzing project scope and determining project specifications, coordinating with clients during the course of the project.
Working closely with the Segment leader and Global team, the Project Engineer will be responsible for Project execution, Customer management and expanding UL DEWI’s Testing services in India.
Key responsibilities are,
- Project management for the power quality and LVRT measurements for wind turbines and solar power plants in India and abroad
- Power quality and LVRT measurement system installation and performing on site measurements according to different grid code requirements
- Co-ordination with third parties/vendors for the movement of LVRT test containers to the test site and other onsite measurement preparation works.
- Manage the LVRT test laboratory and power quality measurement system workshop including measurement equipment calibration process.
- Data Analysis and Report preparation according international/national standards
- Participation in an internationally operating team and providing required support in day to day activities
- Communication with business partners in India and abroad
What makes you a great fit
- Masters/Bachelor’s degree in Electrical/Electronics/Instrumentation Engineering or any equivalent field
- Minimum 2-5 years of experience in the field of Renewable Energy Measurements and
- Testing OR in High Voltage testing laboratories
- Good knowledge of instrumentation preferred
- Data preparation and data analysis, reporting
- Knowledge in statistical analysis and visualization of data
- Willingness to travel (within India and outside the country)
- Willingness and capable of undertaking physically stressful work such as climbing wind turbine and willingness to work at site (wind and solar project fields) for longer measurement periods (over a month or more)
- Good communication skills (English speaking and writing)
- Programming skills in a procedural language
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Customer focus, commitment and independent work
- Strong technical aptitude and ability to work in a fast paced consultancy environment
- Ability and willingness to develop and expand business
- Experience in the continuous development of work processes (Lean Six Sigma)