This key role within Brennan’s Voice and Data team is to provide technical ownership and support to Brennan Communication clients, Brennan IT Provisioning coordinators and staff. To work both internally and directly with clients to deploy and commission new Voice and Data services. To continuously improve the Efficiency and Excellence of Service Delivery as measured by Client Satisfaction ratings.
The role can be summarized as follows for Implementation Engineer
- Responsible for configuration and implementation of Voice and Data services
Network change, migration, cutover implementation
- Maintaining accurate and up-to-date technical documentation related to the implementation / change executed
- Full knowledge of Brennan IT systems, core network, and complex customers
- Ensure achievement of contracted levels of performance by the proactive surveillance, event control and escalation management of performance related incidents.
- Act as point of technical contact for client and internal requests
- Full knowledge of Brennan IT systems, core network, and customers network setup
- The position is expected to meet all agreed SLA metrics as contracted by Brennan IT and to minimize service impacts to customers within established cost parameters
- Close collaboration with Provisioning, Project Coordinators / Managers
Key Competencies Details
- This role requires the follow Competencies and Experience.
- 6+ yrs. of extensive experience in technical network support role preferably in Managed Services or Telco environment
- Intrinsic industry based technical aptitude (Example, TCP / IP and Application layer protocols)
- Extensive design and implementation experience on multiple networking platforms and technologies (Cisco, Huawei, etc.)
- Good knowledge on network access technologies (NBN, DSL, ISDN, Ethernet, IP Internet, 3G/4G)
- Good implementation experience on networking protocols (SNMP, DHCP, DNS, HSRP etc.), routing protocols (EIGRP,
- OSPF, ISIS, BGP etc.), switching protocols like VLAN, Trunking, Dot1x, STP etc.), MPLS, QOS and other advanced network technologies
- Good implementation experience on network security platforms and technology (Cisco ASA, Sourcefire, Juniper Netscreen,
- Sophos, Arbor), wireless technology (Cisco Meraki) and basic knowledge on Voice technology (Cisco UC)
- Good knowledge on GRE, IPSEC VPN’s, NAT/PAT
- Strong communications skills.
- Passion and focus for customer service
- End to End ownership and accountability for the implementation and execution of projects
- Good coordination skills and ability to multitask
- Proven ability to work within and across teams
- Capability to build and maintain relationships with customers and staff
- Ability to learn new technologies
- A “do whatever it takes” attitude and proactive approach
- Good knowledge on ITSM Tools & Processes
- Willing to work in shifts
- The following Competencies and Experience would be an advantage in this role;
- Experience in working with managed services or telecommunication provider
- ITIL Service Intermediate / Expert accreditation
- This role requires the following Qualifications;
- Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma with relevant experience & proficiency
- CCNA / CCNP or equivalent in Routing & Switching or Security
The following Qualifications would be an advantage for this role;
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (Electronics or Telecommunications)
- CCIE certified or equivalent in Routing & Switching or Security
- Industry certifications in networking technologies.
- ITIL Service Management accreditation
- IT Project Management Foundation level accreditation (PMBOK, PRINCE 2)
Company: BRENNAN IT
The Job is closed. Check the latest active jobs here.