Helps design, document, build, deploy and support complex compute solutions in support of enterprise application development and production teams.
- Identifies and recommends configuration improvements, process improvements, automation opportunities, and upcoming technologies.
- Provides next level of support, training and mentors for administration team members.
- Configures disaster recovery software for local and global DR scenarios.
- Collaborates with other teams to resolve technical problems.
- Works with manager to resolve client issues.
- Helps configure and migrate clients to public cloud services.
- Plans, schedules and installs system upgrades and patches.
- Adheres to and complies with company change management processes.
- Supports manager in streamlining processes for enterprise level service delivery.
- Integration of new technologies to improve service offerings and better support the business.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Experience with unified computing solutions (Cisco UCS) is a plus
- Experience supporting VMWare clusters, experience creating VMWare clusters is a plus
- Experience configuring and troubleshooting backup solutions, TSM is a plus
- Experience with storage platforms, including SAN and NAS
- Experience with VDI/Citrix is a plus
- Experience with agile development is a plusJob description:
Skills: Routing, Switching, Basic knowledge of Nexus, Firewall, AWS, SDWAN and Load Balancers
Certification: Minimum CCNA; CCNP partial or full will be added benefit.
- Technologies: WAN, LAN, DC Networks, Wireless, SD WAN and AWS
- Vendors: Cisco, Juniper, F5 , Infoblox & Solarwinds
- Products: Cisco Routers, Nexus 7k/5k, Cisco Switches, Cisco 65xx, 45xx, 37xx,ACE, Cisco WLC, Meraki, Viptela , Infoblox
- WAN: IP Routing, Multi Layer Switching, ACL’s, NAT, T1/E1,
- Routing: Cisco 4000 / 4500 / 6500 / 7200 routers, Protocols include RIP, OSPF, ISIS, BGP, EIGRP, MPLS, IPSec, VPNs, ACL’s, NAT
- LAN/Switching: Cisco Catalyst 3500 / 3550 / 3700 / 3900 / 4000 / 6500 series switches, Gigabit Ethernet, 802.1q, ISL, Ether Channel, Multicast, SNMP, VSS, VTP, STP, RSTP, HSRP/VRRP, vDC, vPC, VRF, FCoE, DHCP, Traffic Shaping, Voice over IP, Video / Voice QoS (CBWFQ, LLQ)
- Wireless: 802.1x, WPA/WPA2 and WEP with TKIP / AES
- Load Balancing – Netscalers, F5 and Cisco
- NMS / Analysis: Solarwinds, Smoke Ping & Cacti
Role & Responsibilities
- The Network Engineer will be responsible for overseeing the design, installation, configuration and maintenance of large-scale network infrastructure.
- Responsibilities will also include the maintenance of existing network infrastructure for remote locations.
- Minimum 2+ years of expertise in implementing, administering, and troubleshooting network infrastructure devices, including: firewalls, routers, switches, wireless access points and controllers, and monitoring applications.
- Knowledgeable in application transport and network infrastructure protocols (SSL/TLS, DNS, DHCP, WINS, NTP, FTP, HTTP, SMTP, CIFS, LDAP, and Microsoft AD), and possess an understanding of how to support these applications / protocols when accessed through VPN and firewall appliances.
- Hands-on technical experience working with VPN technologies (IPSEC, SSL VPN, AnyConnect, DMVPN, Pulse Secure, etc.).
- Strong knowledge in TCP/IP, QoS, UDP, Routing & Switching.
- Needs to provide technical assistance for in-time and quality implementation of connecting, global, customer’s LANs/WAN.
- Live debugging / troubleshooting on the customer’s environment, collecting additional information about the problem and resolving network performance issues.
- Ability to analyze network traffic vie Wire shark or any other tool.
- In-depth knowledge of services like DHCP, QoS, NTP, HSRP, GLBP, VRRP, ARP, NAT, ACL, PBR, GRE tunneling, IP SLA/object tracking.
- Ability to quickly learn new or unfamiliar technologies and products, independently using documentation and online resources.
- Excellent presentation and communications skills combined with the ability to work in a 24×7 environment
- Provide remote technical support for any Network related issue.
- ITIL process should be known to the candidate.
- Any other tools knowledge is good (cisco prime, solarwinds, etc,.)