Duties and Responsibilities as platform support engineer
- Providing timely, accurate and effective solutions to technical problems on all product lines for external customers and field sales primary over phone and/or email or any other communication channel.
- Be a subject matter expert on applications like ATE’s, Semiconductor Test Systems in the domains of Semiconductor/Automated Test/Aerospace Industry.
- Provide guidance on the installation and working functionality of both software and hardware products, including explanations of configuration settings.
- Reproducing and troubleshooting problems and incompatibilities.
- Keeping accurate records of all enquiries in our internal CRM system and listening for, identifying, and communicating customer needs and requirements that our products do not currently provide, as well as features and functions of the competitive products, to the marketing team.
- Provide technical analysis for RMA process and appropriately document it.
- Escalation of advanced technical questions to designated senior Platform Support Engineers and follow up if necessary, to ensure timely response to customers.
- Write and enhance troubleshooting tools, demonstration programs, and compile knowledge base of FAQ’s.
Technical Consulting & Training
- Provide technical consulting on the application architecture, Code/Design Reviews for our key customers
- Delivery of professional and high quality, customer education courses on NI core product lines in NI offices or by customer’s onsite based on assignment
- Delivery of technical presentations and demonstrations to customers, colleagues and partners for marketing demonstrations as assigned
- Participate in training programs offered to increase skill and proficiency on NI products
- Proactively learn about NI products and keep up to date with new developments
- Attends weekly Platform Support Engineers meeting and continuous education meeting for Platform Support Engineers.
- Work with Sales to develop proof of concepts for customers.
- Support other NI departments in their sales, marketing, and operations activities with focus on NI products.
- Collaborate in preparing and setting up marketing materials and events as well as sales seminars based on assignment.
- Writing technical specification for tender process
- Participate in sales visits on a periodic basis.
- Participate in recruitment process of new Platform Support Engineers
- Per request responsible for creating and/or maintaining process documents for training
purposes and/or mentoring new colleagues
BE/B.Tech from a top engineering school, in or equivalent field, such as Electronics/Electrical/Telecommunication Engineering or Instrumentation.
- Strong technical knowledge of electronic devices and circuits, and Analog test techniques
- Working level knowledge on LabVIEW, TestStand, PXI, RT, FPGA, Modular Instruments, and Linux RT, Pharlap RT OS.
- Proven knowledge in signal processing, data acquisition applications with test and control as its focus.
- Experience in programming is a plus (C++, Python, .NET etc.)
- Knowledge in Semiconductor/Automated Test/Aerospace Industry is a plus
- Experienced with various lab equipment such as scopes, power supplies, source meters, loads are plus.
Requirements of performance
- Decision Making
- Managing Work (includes time management)
- Building Customer Loyalty
- Driving for Results
Technical/Professional Knowledge & Skills
Minimum Requirements for this role would be
- 1 to 3 years of experience as Platform (Technical) Support Engineer or comparable relevant experience in automated test and measurements systems.
- Willingness to travel 5% – 10% within the India region
Company: National Instruments